HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Lakeland american aromatics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bugsahearn

Registration date : 2015-02-05

PostSubject: Lakeland american aromatics   Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:19 pm

I'm a fan of G&H's "american" aromatics Cherry & Vanilla and American Delight although I have to mix them with a plug or rope for nic hit. Top Black Cherry is my absolute favorite. Anyone tried G&H kentucky nougat or American Whiskey, American Peach? What's your opinion on them...I like SG Celtic Talisman...but the flavor is light...it's like Cherry Chapstick. Does SG perfection have the same amount of topping as CT or is it a stronger dose of Vanilla?
What's your favorite american style lakeland blend?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Lakeland american aromatics   Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:28 am

My favorite is Top Black Cherry, probably the best cherry blend I've ever smoked. Your post led me to fire up some of the Kentucky Nougat sample that I had only tried once before. It's VERY mild and I can't say it's to my taste at all, but it isn't goopy or overly sweet in the way of some American aromatics.

Last edited by fsu92john on Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to fix a typo)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Lakeland american aromatics   Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:42 pm

I too enjoy Top Black Cherry, it's really well done. One of the very few flavored straight cavendish blends that I smoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bugsahearn

PostSubject: Re: Lakeland american aromatics   Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:15 pm

Thanks john for the description of kentucky nougat maybe I'll give it try but it sounds like it doesn't have too much flavor. Does anyone like perfection? The reviews vary but many say it has no vanilla they can taste
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: Lakeland american aromatics   Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:08 pm

I can chime in on Perfection. As far as cross overs go, say providing a sweet aromatic quality with the smokiness of a good latakia, I thought it was a miss. The vanilla was barely there if at all, and as far as latakia blends go, it's decent. If I were after a Sam Gawith latakia, I would rather smoke Skiff Mixture or Squadron Leader in that order. Of course neither are aromatics, but both are quite good.

Personally I think Westmorland mixture is sweeter tasting than Perfection and has more of a noticable flavor influence coming from its topping, which I believe is good ol' Tonquin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bugsahearn

PostSubject: Re: Lakeland american aromatics   Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:36 pm

Thanks drums, Squadron leader & commonwealth are personal favorites. Sometimes i mix a little vanilla flavored blend in it goes well w Latakia I think ala bobs choc flake
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: Lakeland american aromatics   Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:57 pm

You bet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bugsahearn

PostSubject: Re: Lakeland american aromatics   Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:14 pm

Westmorland is interesting it's very light. I'm a fan of sam's flake the tonquin is delicious
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Lakeland american aromatics   Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:08 pm

I'm not much of an aromatic smoker, but just had some of G & H's American Delight, tinned. Seemed pretty tasty to me, quite mild, great scent. Very moist directly from the tin, but I smoked 'er that way anyhow, with no drying time, and I'm glad I did. I like the restraint used on the topping; it's definitely there and quite "juicy" to my taste, but not cloying at all. In comparison, I don't like Reiner's Professional Mixture at all. Or Lane's 1Q. Or Captain Black. Apparently it's a bit lacking in nicotine, as I wanted another bowl immediately after knocking out the first. A far cry from another "delight," Haddo's, which is a favorite of mine, so I'm probably depraved in the taste buds. Might keep some on hand for smoking around the girls of both sexes--or, as today, a change of pace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Lakeland american aromatics   Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:17 pm

Girls of both sexes??? Richard I think I watched a video featuring THAT before nap time yesterday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Lakeland american aromatics   Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:12 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Girls of both sexes???  Richard I think I watched a video featuring THAT before nap time yesterday.

Noted. TMI. I guess the phrase was a bit ambiguous, yuk! yuk!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bugsahearn

PostSubject: Re: Lakeland american aromatics   Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:12 am

Yup American Delight has such a delicious vanilla topping, probably the best vanilla flavor, but it has like no N and I can only smoke it mixed with something strong like 1792 or bosun etc. I;ve come to hate sams flake..I mean I really hate it. Its the only SG blend I dont like
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Lakeland american aromatics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1