HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Jim's Saint James Plug Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Jim's Saint James Plug Review.   Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:24 am

The perique offers dark fruit, raisin, fig and plum with some pepper. The Virginia (which I believe is the same used in FVF and FVP) is naturally sweet, slightly grassy, somewhat earthy. In comparing it the flake version, I find this is a little sweeter and the perique is a little more noticeable. I figure that's caused by the processing, and the fact that tobaccos left in plug form will ferment more, often creating a sweeter flavor than when they cut into flakes, ribbon, cube, etc. It takes a little time to prepare the plug to whatever your preference of cut is. It does need some drying time fresh out of the box, but if you dry it completely, you lose a little of the flavor. It burns slow, needs relights, and you may have to stir up the tobacco at the bottom just a little, depending on how you prepare it for smoking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Saint James Plug Review.   Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:58 am

Spot on review, Jim. I find that I can cut thin enough flakes that I can smoke immediately, without the need for drying time. I break the flakes just a little. You should try the Full Virginia Plug, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Saint James Plug Review.   Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Wet Dottle wrote:
Spot on review, Jim. I find that I can cut thin enough flakes that I can smoke immediately, without the need for drying time. I break the flakes just a little. You should try the Full Virginia Plug, too.

I cut the flakes into small pieces, too. I did get a small sample of FVP to try a while back, but it was dry and I think it lost some flavor. I'd buy some, but it's beyond my budget.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim's Saint James Plug Review.
Page 1 of 1