HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet? Empty
PostSubject: Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet?   Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet? EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 10:22 pm

Though I never tried it I can recall seeing the black & White tins of this back in the '60s . They are now calling it My Mixture BB 1938 and I just read one review of it on TR :

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/9691/dunhill-my-mixture-bb1938#review80016

Sounds like this may be a tasty one !! Jim I'm sure you've tried it so where's your review>  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet?   Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 3:07 pm

There are three reviews at TR.com now. I should be getting a tin in a week or so. A friend is helping me out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

PostSubject: Re: Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet?   Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Nice to have "friends" in high places !! Twisted Evil  This is what Mark at SP replied when I asked about it !!

"Hi Michael,
We have not received word yet on when the distributor will have this and we do not have any pricing information on this yet. Once we know, we will announce it in one of our newsletters.

Mark Pluta
Customer Service Liaison "

Did you smoke it when it was still in the B&W tins in the early '70s? would be interesting to see how the "new" stuff compares to your memory of it !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet?   Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 3:52 pm

I've never smoked the original. It was gone by 1974 when I started piping, and I didn't get to a Tinderbox until the following year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet?   Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:19 pm

Bummer that the PC's made them alter the name and label...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

PostSubject: Re: Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet?   Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Found this over on the Pipe Smoker Unlimited forum in the UK. Looks like the STG/Orlik factory won as far as the name goes. To bad it wasn't those TERRIBLE PC's   Twisted Evil Twisted Evil This was posted on the 14th of April this year .

"Dunhill Baby's Bottom.

Availiable on Monday.

We have some great news for fans of the old Dunhill blends, My Mixture BB1938 or Baby’s Bottom has finally been re released in the UK. The first stocks arrived in the UK this morning and will be dispatched to us on Monday. We are pleased to announce that we will be shipping out any pre orders on Tuesday when the tobacco lands with us.

About Dunhill My Mixture BB1938
Baby’s Bottom has been one of the most requested tobaccos from the old Dunhill selection. When the brand was being revived a few years ago, this blend was dropped due to its name. To get around this the blend has been renamed to “My Mixture BB1938”, a name more commonly used within the old London factory.

We gather Baby’s Bottom got its name thanks to the tobaccos smooth smoking qualities. A rich and robust blend of Virginias and a helping of Latakia. The base is comprised of a well-rounded blend of Red, Lemon and Orange Virginia, with a premium Cypriot Latakia. Thanks to the solid base, this tobacco is punchy and packed full of ripe and spicy flavours.

The name might give the impression of a mellow tobacco, BB1938 is actually a powerful smoke and more suited for more experienced smokers. While its strong, the Latakia and careful selection of Virginia’s result in a smooth and cool smoke. " This was posted on the 17th of this month and GQ Tobacco's has it in stock in London at almost $20.00 for a 50g tin !! Guess we'll have to wait a bit for it to get into the US pipeline !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet?   Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet? EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:24 pm

Oh just great Evil or Very Mad More temptation to add to the already overflowing tobacco storage room!!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiram-2011

Hiram-2011

Registration date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet?   Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet? EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:37 pm

I have some ordered, let you know once I try it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet?   Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet? EmptyThu May 07, 2015 2:52 pm

A friend in England just sent me a tin. I'll smoke a bowl this evening. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

PostSubject: Re: Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet?   Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet? EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:58 pm

While I'm not ready to write a review, being that I'm only half way through my first bowl - I will say it is smooth as a baby's bottom like the old slogan said. The aroma out of the freshly opened tin was much stronger than it is tasting right now, not that I mean that as a complaint. It's just an observational comment. I'm enjoying it. I'd rate it as mild to medium, probably right in the middle of that range. Nice, rich red Virginia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiram-2011

Hiram-2011

Registration date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet?   Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet? EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:59 pm

JimInks wrote:
While I'm not ready to write a review, being that I'm only half way through my first bowl - I will say it is smooth as a baby's bottom like the old slogan said. The aroma out of the freshly opened tin was much stronger than it is tasting right now, not that I mean that as a complaint. It's just an observational comment. I'm enjoying it. I'd rate it as mild to medium, probably right in the middle of that range. Nice, rich red Virginia.
Sounds good, eager to get my tins of it. Currently on their way Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

PostSubject: Re: Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet?   Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet? EmptyThu May 07, 2015 9:30 pm

JimInks wrote:
...Nice, rich red Virginia.
Sounds like it'll be in my wheelhouse !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet?   Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet? EmptyFri May 08, 2015 9:26 am

I'm thinking I might really enjoy this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Any Bros tried the new re-make of Baby's Bottom yet?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: