HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje) Empty
PostSubject: Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje)   Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Two pounds of this arrived today for me to play with....

I have been enjoying some blends from the Big Boys, and couldn't put my finger on the that sweet almost floral touch in the "Orientals", but after a quick chop of a leaf and smoke, this is the culprit...

So, I know that most oriental blends are chiefly Virginias, some Latakia, what sounds like a good thing to add or do to make this a worthy blend?

Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje)   Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 2:00 pm

One of my favorite blends is McClelland's Tudor Castle.

Red VA and stoved +Yenidje+perique = Mega delicious. Very good combo..

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/2926/mcclelland-tudor-castle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje)   Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Eww, latakia, gross. You can do it without that stuff. Ok, I occasionally enjoy a bit of it in mixtures, never a lat bomb. But I do seem to love those non latakia orientals. I'm sure you'll come up with something tasty. Good luck and report back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje)   Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 9:07 pm

Yenidje was one of the major players in the no longer available Balkan Sobranie 759. Along with some fine Bright Va's as it's base and a whole LOT of Latakia as well as Macedonian leaf. It can add a kind of spicy/sweet to a blend !! Keep at it and maybe you can re-create 759 ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje)   Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 9:25 pm

Funny you would mention Macedonian leaf. I got an email yesterday regarding the availability of some, ordered it last night, Looked for more today and it is all gone... It was pretty expensive too, more than the Yenidje this time. Man, I hate traveling just to chase bales of weed....

Wait, I mean tobacco weed......

Damn speech to text software........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje)   Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 10:07 pm

You're buying BALES of tobacco ? That's 550 pounds of the evil weed !! I've heard of "stocking up" but you've taken it to a new level ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje) Tobacco%20bales_zpsrscjiriv
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje)   Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 10:35 pm

monbla256 wrote:
You're buying BALES of tobacco ? That's 550 pounds of the evil weed !! I've heard of "stocking up" but you've taken it to a new level ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje) Tobacco%20bales_zpsrscjiriv

BWAHAHHAHAA!!

OK, not "Bales" like that, (not yet)..... I grow some here, trade some for others and/or buy others. My "bales' are only 20 lb blocks. Some gets aged, mostly used as currency these days, either as "hands" or after I blend it. I barely have the room for what I've got, and the vast majority of it is still just unprocessed leaf. And a few plants started here, going to plant next week, and a couple of other associates growing burley and either Virginia or Maryland....

Sorry for the confusion........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje)   Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje) EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 2:28 am

I've played around with blending a few times. The one thing I tried that seemed to make the biggest difference was pressing the blend. I have a nice sized pipe I pack it into then drop in a solid steel bar that weighs about 20 lbs. Makes a nice crumble cake. Higher pressure of course would give you something else entirely.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MichaelM

MichaelM

Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje)   Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje) EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:14 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:

I have been enjoying some blends from the Big Boys, and couldn't put my finger on the that sweet almost floral touch in the "Orientals", but after a quick chop of a leaf and smoke, this is the culprit...

So, I know that most oriental blends are chiefly Virginias, some Latakia, what sounds like a good thing to add or do to make this a worthy blend?

Suggestions?

So I know nothing about blending, but I've often found that I prefer English blends that use a bit of black cav. I don't understand it, because I can't even taste black cav, but those blends seem deeper and smoother to me. As for that sweet floral note, thanks for identifying the culprit. I really don't like that, so I can avoide yenidje.
Mike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCha16KUMQOZfkW_RgR7eA3Q
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje)   Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje) EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:33 pm

OW...You might consider jumping over to VTPIPES.com (Pipeworks and Wilke) and check out the various Yenidje-containing blends on Carol's list. FWIW cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: ForWhatIt'sWorth   Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje) EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:43 pm

OK....

The exercises in orientals have gone as such..........

I took a couple of my established blends, (i.e. A.T.B.E and Caliope's Choice) and have been adding some of the new leaf...

The first gained sweetness without noticeable pouch note change.

The second totally lightened up, like adding carbonation to a flat root beer.

Time to play with something new I think. I like the Virginia sweetness, the Cavendish sweet and low feel, and the latakia smoke to go with it. This new addition really slows the cadence down on the puffing....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje)   Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje) EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:53 pm

MichaelM wrote:
Ozark Wizard wrote:

Suggestions?

So I know nothing about blending, but I've often found that I prefer English blends that use a bit of black cav.  I don't understand it, because I can't even taste black cav, but those blends seem deeper and smoother to me.  As for that sweet floral note, thanks for identifying the culprit.  I really don't like that, so I can avoide yenidje.
Mike.

Well, there you go, it's part of the chemistry......
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Yenidje Tobacco (also known as Yedidje)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: