HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
scotties22

scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Empty
PostSubject: Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe   Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 12:15 pm

I thought I would share this commission that I just finished.  The stem in Carnelian Juma (a thermoset plastic that is used for pool cues.  My favorite part about Juma is that it doesn't oxidize, but is soft on the teeth like Ebonite.)

Length: 6.93"
Height: 1.79"
Width: 1.35"
Chamber: .75 x 1.61"
Weight: 34 grams

Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Dsc00610
Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Dsc00611
Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Dsc00612
Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Dsc00613
Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Dsc00614
Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Dsc00615
Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Dsc00616

Thanks for looking.
Scottie
Back to top Go down
http://www.ladybriar.com
eklektos44

eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe   Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 12:17 pm

Very nice! I like it! Not familiar with Carnelian Juma but it sounds great, and colorful! Smile
Back to top Go down
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe   Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:19 pm

Stunning. Are there a lot of color choices with that stem material?
Back to top Go down
scotties22

scotties22

PostSubject: Re: Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe   Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:31 pm

juanmedusa wrote:

Ivory, Black (which has a bit of a blue tint to it) and the Carnelian. It's great stuff though and works easily.
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe   Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Very nice Scottie.

I am loving your steel tube enforced, pencil shanks.

PS-Love my Pipe of the Year. Wink
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe   Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 2:54 pm

That bit material sounds like it would be PERFECT for us folks who can't really use acrylic stems but like the aspect of little to no oxidation due to mouth acids and the sulphur in ebonite ( or vulcanite as others call it ) Twisted Evil You've done some of the thinnest and longest shanks I ever have recalled seeing ! And your re-inforcement tubing is igneous !! How far does it extend into the shank? Your work just gets better and better lady !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
tslots

tslots

Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe   Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 3:02 pm

I'm not a fan of this shape, but you certainly did a fine job on this pipe.   The light touch of sandblast still allows the birdseye and cross grain to be appreciated. On first glance the initial picture looked like an all-briar pipe.
Back to top Go down
scotties22

scotties22

PostSubject: Re: Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe   Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 3:22 pm

monbla256 wrote:
That bit material sounds like it would be PERFECT for us folks who can't really use acrylic stems but like the aspect of little to no oxidation due to mouth acids and the sulphur  in ebonite ( or vulcanite as others call it )  Twisted Evil  You've done some of the thinnest and longest shanks I ever have recalled seeing ! And your re-inforcement tubing is igneous !! How far does it extend into the shank?  Your work just gets better and better lady !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

The tube extends the length of the shank and into the bowl. It doesn't quite make it all the way into the chamber. I shoot for about halfway between the chamber and outside of the bowl. It makes these pipes just about bullet-proof and they are surprisingly strong. No one needs to go drop theirs on the floor to prove my point.....I have already dropped your pipe on my garage floor! lol!
Back to top Go down
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe   Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 3:58 pm

scotties22 wrote:
juanmedusa wrote:

Ivory, Black (which has a bit of a blue tint to it) and the Carnelian.  It's great stuff though and works easily.

Nice, I'm poor but I hope someone gets one of these stems in ivory with a dark brown briar stain. Like that smallish bent billiard exterior I bought from ya. I think that stain could look good next to Ivory. C'mon guys, I need to live through one of you.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe   Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 9:25 pm

Scottie, you go from strength to strength. That one rocks!

cheers

Cheers,

RR

Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Purple11x 3Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Bombx10Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Bombx10  Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe D6bddf10 Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Cowboy13Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe   Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe EmptyFri May 01, 2015 1:16 am

Art and engineering wrapped into one little ball of perfection...so impressive.

Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe D6bddf10Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe 29400910Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe 114e6110Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Ddb39b10Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Cf77ce10Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Dd692012Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
RobJ

RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe   Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:43 pm

I really like this one Scottie. Very well done!

cheers
Back to top Go down
DireWolf

DireWolf

Registration date : 2015-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe   Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe EmptyFri May 01, 2015 1:45 pm

Beautiful pipe and stem.

I love the proportions of your pipes.
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe   Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe EmptyFri May 01, 2015 5:26 pm

Wonderful work! I like the hues......

Keep it up!!
Back to top Go down

Bing inspired "Scottie" Pipe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: