HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Black Twist Sliced

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bugsahearn

Bugsahearn

Registration date : 2015-02-05

Black Twist Sliced Empty
PostSubject: Black Twist Sliced   Black Twist Sliced EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:55 pm

Anyone familiar with black twist sliced? P&C has this description: "Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Sliced Black Twist is similar to the Black Irish X except for the addition of traditional English flavors such as licorice, maple and exotic Tonquin."

Sounds delicious but is p&c right about the flavoring? tr.com has a "Sliced Black Twist": http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/9155/gawith-hoggarth-co-sliced-black-twist & a "sliced black aromatic" http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/2051/gawith-hoggarth-co-sliced-black-aromatic the later having maple/tonquin. Is the Black Twist on pipesncigars undetectably flavored? Seems to good to be true to have a rope with a hefty dose of tonquin bean, maple and licorice bom available in the us....
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

Black Twist Sliced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Twist Sliced   Black Twist Sliced EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Bugsahearn wrote:
Anyone familiar with black twist sliced? P&C has this description: "Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Sliced Black Twist is similar to the Black Irish X except for the addition of traditional English flavors such as licorice, maple and exotic Tonquin."

Sounds delicious but is p&c right about the flavoring? tr.com has a "Sliced Black Twist": http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/9155/gawith-hoggarth-co-sliced-black-twist & a "sliced black aromatic" http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/2051/gawith-hoggarth-co-sliced-black-aromatic the later having maple/tonquin. Is the Black Twist on pipesncigars undetectably flavored? Seems to good to be true to have a rope with a hefty dose of tonquin bean, maple and licorice bom available in the us....

And don't forget the old lady's soap they add! Hey do you live here in the U.S. ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Bugsahearn

Bugsahearn

Black Twist Sliced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Twist Sliced   Black Twist Sliced EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:02 pm

i guess some of us associate soap in the mouth with fond memories of childhood. yes the us where all the good strong soapy shit doesnt get imported
Back to top Go down
Bugsahearn

Bugsahearn

Black Twist Sliced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Twist Sliced   Black Twist Sliced EmptySat May 09, 2015 3:09 am

So nobody's ordered black twist sliced from P&C?
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

Black Twist Sliced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Twist Sliced   Black Twist Sliced EmptySat May 09, 2015 4:12 am

What p&c is selling is the second of the two links you posted..

Basically the black twist version of dark flake and dark flake scented.
If you've smoked those twins then you know what to expect the difference between sliced black twist and sliced black twist aromatic. Same 'scented'-ness with two different base tobaccos, at least to me.
Back to top Go down
Bugsahearn

Bugsahearn

Black Twist Sliced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Twist Sliced   Black Twist Sliced EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Really puros Surprised it is the scented version? wow i'm surprised thanks
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

Black Twist Sliced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Twist Sliced   Black Twist Sliced EmptySat May 09, 2015 1:05 pm

Well I was going off of their descriptor, which is spot on for the aromatic version..  I have smoked both, but neither were purchased from P&C.  

I don't remember if I have any of either left but I will look next time I go digging in the closet.
Back to top Go down
Bugsahearn

Bugsahearn

Black Twist Sliced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Twist Sliced   Black Twist Sliced EmptySat May 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Oh ok yea I can see from the description it appears to be the aromatic version...but I wanted to find out if it was accurate or not. Tr.com does link aromatic as available at smoking pipes but again could just be an error or maybe the aromatic is actually available in us
Back to top Go down

Black Twist Sliced
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: