HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Jim's Mixture #79 Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

Jim's Mixture #79 Review. Empty
PostSubject: Jim's Mixture #79 Review.   Jim's Mixture #79 Review. EmptySat May 23, 2015 6:12 pm

The burley does show through the toppings at times, and is a little nutty with a slight sharpness when it does. It reminds me of the base burleys in Heineís Blend. The sweet toppings have a number of flavors mixed in, including wintergreen, licorice (lots of that), sarsaparilla, vanilla, possibly pineapple, etc. The perfume and soap others mention is certainly ever present. I can see this appealing to smokers who like lakeland scented tobaccos. Burns fairly well with a consistent taste, though it may need some dry time. Doesnít bite. The after taste seems a little more sour than the taste you get while smoking. How you rate it obviously depends upon whether or not you like the toppings, and while many hate it, itís popular enough to continue production. Because itís such a polarizing blend, I rate it two out of four stars in an effort to be objective in my rating.

Last edited by JimInks on Sat May 23, 2015 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Mixture #79 Review.   Jim's Mixture #79 Review. EmptySat May 23, 2015 6:16 pm

My God Shocked

You found the strength, and courage, to review this tobacco.

I am impressed.

Worse is, your description almost makes me want to try it. affraid
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Mixture #79 Review.   Jim's Mixture #79 Review. EmptySat May 23, 2015 8:35 pm

A warm dilution of bleach and water will help clean your palate after smoking that stuff. That, or scrubbing bubbles toilet bowl cleaner.

RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Mixture #79 Review.   Jim's Mixture #79 Review. EmptySat May 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Well, I can see it hasn't change after all this time, still gag nasty stuff. Jim's Mixture #79 Review. Poorly11
Jim, I'd burn that pipe in the fireplace if I was you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Mixture #79 Review.   Jim's Mixture #79 Review. EmptySat May 23, 2015 8:47 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
A warm dilution of bleach and water will help clean your palate after smoking that stuff. That, or scrubbing bubbles toilet bowl cleaner.

My tongue is currently not speaking to me.

@Cartaphilus: I smoked it in a meer, so no harm was done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim's Mixture #79 Review.
Page 1 of 1