HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. Empty
PostSubject: From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom.   From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. EmptyThu May 28, 2015 2:00 pm

If you're the one who donated the 1923 Liberty silver US Dollar to the Pirate Booty exchange thing I hosted a while back you might like to see this. Others might think it kind of cool as well.

I sent the silver dollar along with one my dad had once given me to a fellow in Leicester, England. He takes coins and domes them, then adds a straight or threaded shaft, turning then into a pill box, snuff box, whatever.

This is what he did for me. A snuff box, screws together, with a rubber O ring to make it air/water tight.

From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. Icm_fullxfull.61236826_1ye5sa4ladnos4s80ggc

From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. D6bddf10From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. 29400910From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. 114e6110From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. Ddb39b10From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. Cf77ce10From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom.   From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. EmptyThu May 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Sweet! Looks great! cheers cheers cheers

(I've been wondering about snuff, may have to give it a try)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom.   From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. EmptyThu May 28, 2015 2:22 pm

Clearly that guy is an artisan of another field. Excellent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom.   From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. EmptyThu May 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Check out the Snuff Box section here at BoB for info and like minded folks.

From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. D6bddf10From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. 29400910From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. 114e6110From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. Ddb39b10From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. Cf77ce10From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom.   From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. EmptyThu May 28, 2015 4:07 pm

That is very impressive, a great piece of creativity and engineering. Clever, those chaps in Blighty! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom.   From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. EmptyThu May 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Indeed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom.   From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. EmptyThu May 28, 2015 4:23 pm

That's certainly a beauty sir, kinda wish they made silver dollars bigger now, it make a great tobacco tin/silver. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom.   From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. EmptyThu May 28, 2015 4:30 pm

Yeah, I'm kinda prone to heavily overbuilt stuff. You know, run over it with a truck and you can't tell.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom.   From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. EmptyFri May 29, 2015 8:14 pm

Sweet! That was pretty fast turnaround time too. Enjoy the beauty sir.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom.   From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom. EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:03 pm

Very cool piece Blackhorse! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

From Pirate Booty to personal heirloom.
Page 1 of 1