HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Happy (Brown) Bogie and MM cob.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
eklektos44

eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Happy (Brown) Bogie and MM cob.   Fri May 29, 2015 11:54 am

Smoked this tobacco a few times now, and I got a MM cob from my local tobacco store, while making a run for cigarettes for the store, to smoke it in. The cob was in a basket for $2.99. It's a Mark Twain I think. It's not labeled but has a MM tag on the bottom. It's my first time smoking a cob. I'm quite pleased with both the cob and the tobacco. Happy Bogie is a full flavored smoke but not as strong as I expected. It's quite smooth while smoking fairly dry, at least in a cob. It's kinda nutty but not sweet, and has a very nice round feel in the mouth. There's a little black currant note for me at least. Also a bit of a woodsy flavor. I like this tobacco quite a bit and will put it into my regular tobacco selection. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Happy (Brown) Bogie and MM cob.   Fri May 29, 2015 12:36 pm

I have a bit of that bogie I got from a b&m. I had to rehydrate it then I jarred it. Never smoked any. I do like the SG and gh&co. brown ropes in the larger gauge. Enjoy it. I'd crack that jar and try it as this post is a good reminder but I have too much open tobacco. Oh well, quality problem right there.

Ps, is that Peter Cushing in your new avatar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Happy (Brown) Bogie and MM cob.   Fri May 29, 2015 1:11 pm

Happy Bogie is one of my absolute favourite smokes, get yourself a nice deep chambered pipe, fill her up and settle down too a good long smoke, careful though as she'll creep up on ya after a while. Happy Bogie doesn't seem all that of a thing for a short smoke but it has a very satisfying accumulative effect in a deeper bowl, glad you're enjoying it so well. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Happy (Brown) Bogie and MM cob.   Fri May 29, 2015 1:24 pm

Hey Kirk, knowing you're a big happy bogie fan I thought this thread would prompt a post from you! Maybe one for me to try if Lady N doesn't send me into a tail spin?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Happy (Brown) Bogie and MM cob.   Fri May 29, 2015 1:50 pm

eklektos44 wrote:
Smoked this tobacco a few times now, and I got a MM cob from my local tobacco store, while making a run for cigarettes for the store, to smoke it in. The cob was in a basket for $2.99. It's a Mark Twain I think. It's not labeled but has a MM tag on the bottom. It's my first time smoking a cob. I'm quite pleased with both the cob and the tobacco. Happy Bogie is a full flavored smoke but not as strong as I expected. It's quite smooth while smoking fairly dry, at least in a cob. It's kinda nutty but not sweet, and has a very nice round feel in the mouth. There's a little black currant note for me at least. Also a bit of a woodsy flavor. I like this tobacco quite a bit and will put it into my regular tobacco selection. Very Happy

Smoke it in an MM country gentleman and see if you think the same about the Lady N. I do find it tasty, however!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
eklektos44

eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Happy (Brown) Bogie and MM cob.   Fri May 29, 2015 8:34 pm

DrT999 wrote:
eklektos44 wrote:

Smoke it in an MM country gentleman and see if you think the same about the Lady N.  I do find it tasty, however!

Actually once I started smoking it my wife didn't mind the aroma. I'll take your suggestion and get a MM CG next time I order from P&C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Happy (Brown) Bogie and MM cob.
Page 1 of 1