HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Whats the foremost north american pipe show? OR...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheBigSmoke

Registration date : 2015-05-27

PostSubject: Whats the foremost north american pipe show? OR...   Fri May 29, 2015 2:56 pm

Hey everyone, being new to the world of pipes I'm ignorant of the best shows to attend to find estate pipes for sale, restoration and construction demonstrations, and tobacco...

I'd like to know what the best shows are to attend, especially those in the US north east or mid west, shows I can make it to in a days drive.

Any help is much appreciated. Bonus points if you can name a show in a state that allows smoking in pubs! Very Happy

Edit
I found a list of events, not sure if it's cool to post a link so I wont, but it looks like NewYork and Chicago are bigger shows and I've just missed them. Anyone have experience with the North American Society of Pipe Collectors show in Columbus?

Last edited by TheBigSmoke on Fri May 29, 2015 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added information)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Whats the foremost north american pipe show? OR...   Fri May 29, 2015 3:56 pm

A long days drive could probably land you in Richmond which held its show in October but unless there is any further announcement it has been eliminated. I point this out not tease but inform. So if you see Richmond listed anywhere you can discount it as old info. Sadly. Good luck, I haven't traveled to any other shows myself but I'm sure some will know better than me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Whats the foremost north american pipe show? OR...   Fri May 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Come to the Kansas City Show June 19-21. There will be quite a few estate pipe vendors there. George Dibos is doing a pipe refurb clinic on Saturday evening before the banquet.

If you can't make KC the NASPC show is worth attending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
TheBigSmoke

Registration date : 2015-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Whats the foremost north american pipe show? OR...   Fri May 29, 2015 6:32 pm

scotties22 wrote:
Come to the Kansas City Show June 19-21.  There will be quite a few estate pipe vendors there.  George Dibos is doing a pipe refurb clinic on Saturday evening before the banquet.

If you can't make KC the NASPC show is worth attending.

I was in Kansas City around 2004 for a woodblock print making symposium, I stayed at a studio in a dodgy part of town but I really enjoyed it there. Its called the city of fountains IIRC, and I did a woodblock print of one of the fountains w/ a mermaid.

Its a solid 2 day drive to get there... so there is potential there. Better yet I recall the westport district is very nice to visit, and was cigar friendly back then.. I wonder if it still is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skaukatt

Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Whats the foremost north american pipe show? OR...   Sat May 30, 2015 9:55 am

Chicago is the show to make. Plan for next year, April 30th - May 1st,

http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/2016-show-flyer/

There are many shows throughout the US that you should put on your list and I'm sure you found this:

http://pipesmagazine.com/pipe-events/

But, don't miss Chicago.

Lou
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com

Whats the foremost north american pipe show? OR...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Community In Action-
Jump to: