HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

THAR SHE BLOWS!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:15 am

40 mph winds!! Heavy rains!! The storm door, she's a open

Californians are a spoiled lot, I know. One good blow a year and we get all giddy about it. This would be just another yawner to you midwest boys but here in the land of "Me" ( reference to the California trait of the modern yuppie to be so completely self involved that the delaying of getting to work by 5 minutes is considered a personal crisis) this is a life halting act of God affraid People will still drive 75 mph and smashed cars will litter the highways today, power will go out putting a halt to personal entertainment and people all across the state will stare at the walls unsure of what to do now Neutral lol! Water will fill the streets and expensive shoes will be ruined, stirring a rash of lawsuits over the monetary and psychological damages. Someone will sue God for mismanaging a natural resource. Hungry people will pour into Starbucks for coffee and muffins only to find that it takes electricity to make double decaf frappathingos too, and the free Wifi won't work either Sad The red cross will be summoned to bring iced coffee, croissants and charged ipods. The Governator will declare a state of exasperation.

I'm going to go for a walk, I like it and we need the rain Cool

Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:28 pm

I suspect this will turn into a blizzard for us in a few days.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thomas james
Italian Stallion

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:16 pm

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Puff Daddy.

BUT, consider this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the rain will muddy up that Watt Avenue riffle and put down the steelhead.

Something spiritual about being IN the river during a rain storm, rightfully questioning your lack of sanity, freezing your ass off.

Set the hook,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,pass the Brothers!

Last edited by on Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hazmat

Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:18 pm

Perhaps one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:05 pm

thomas james wrote:
Something spiritual about being IN the river during a rain storm, rightfully questioning your lack of sanity

I don't have to go to such extremes to bring my sanity into question Laughing

The river's been too low and clear, poor fishing. This shot of water should make things better.

Standing midstream passing the Brothers is almost as good as the fishing Cool

Tony Ferrill
The Enlightened One

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:14 pm

News on the net said this one's a wingdinger,mudslides,30 foot tide,whiteout in the mts.....you guys still there???
Tony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thomas james
Italian Stallion

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:30 pm

Sierra foothills, 100 miles south of Puff Daddy, holding it's own.

Wife is getting a little anxious. Once I reminded her that we survived quite a few backpack trips and still have the gear, she settled down. They weren't all good weather summer jaunts either.

Imported peanut butter cookies and Montana smoked Kokanee will sustain us if need be. Abominable snowman protection provided by faithful Border Collie, Ty.

Hunker down and Sleep through it.

flower 's to come shortly.

Stay warm and safe all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:39 pm

The worst is past us (maybe not Tom's place yet) and the winds hit near 60 mph. Never lost power here, but a pine tree went down and smashed a car parked next to mine, missing mine by only a few feet. Another tree right next to my back door, about 60 foot tall, is being topped right now. The ground all around it is moving as the thing sways, pretty ugly.

Now the flooding begins Neutral

jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:42 pm

You guys are starting to have Washington weather. Laughing

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
showme1or2

Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:08 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Someone will sue God for mismanaging a natural resource.

lol! Too funny! lol!

Make sure your tobacco cellar is battened down, or move it to high ground, and don't use your Dunhills for bailing!

showme
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:38 pm

No worries Showme, I'm smoking my Dunhill as I sit here trying to look professorial as I make a show of watching the tree guy ["Careful there, watchout for that doohickey over there"]

2.9 inches of rain in downtown Sacramento today. A good heavy rain for us is like half an inch.

JoelS

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:58 pm

We were without power until about 3:45. It was out before I woke up this morning. Still have clocks to reset.

No TV, no heat (need electricity to spin the fan), no computer. The kids were beside themselves Laughing.

We ran a few errands.

On the other hand, I wasn't able to make anything fun for dinner. Nor was I able to spend any time in the shop. I didn't want to open the fridge or freezer and let out the cold. Not sure what we're eating tonight. Probably going to be lazy and go out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jspipes.com
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:01 pm

Get some KFC Joel, you deserve it and the kids will think it's a special occasion Very Happy

Finger lickin good pig

JoelS

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:15 pm

KFC? (where's the icon of a head throwing up?)

More likely we'll go to the local pizza joint.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jspipes.com

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:31 pm

LMAO, JD! Hilarious!

"One good blow a year and we get all giddy about it."

Hell, if I could get one, I'd be giddy with ya, bruthah!
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:57 pm

Gate, shoulda known lol!

thomas james
Italian Stallion

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:37 pm

Rolling on the floor, choking my ass off.

Damn you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tony Ferrill
The Enlightened One

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:39 pm

Well,I think I've accounted for most of you guys,between here and the happy landing thread.Net says over a million without power,over the radio,I heard 10' of snow would fall in the mountains while I was driving to the dojo.
Hunker down,y'all.Storms can be a real pain...
Tony

Laughing I sure am glad Mr. Pease' baccy resides across the nation from him....sounds like all of Californie is getting weather!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thomas james
Italian Stallion

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:49 pm

Tony,

Thanks for your concern. It looks like this one has passed. I hear more is coming throughout the week. PD was right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we here in Calisillyland don't really know what real weather is about. Guys in the midwest and east coast would wear short sleeves here and laugh at us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,rightfully.

How high's the water Momma,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,she said it's three feet high and risin.

J. Cash, RIP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:28 pm

To give you an idea of how mild our climate is, rain subsided so I just went out to check on my truck since I parked it around the corner. I wore sandals and pajamas, no coat, was out for about 10 minutes, not at all cold. Kind of mild and muggy actually, very nice out Cool

thomas james
Italian Stallion

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:10 am

Mrs. Puff Daddy should have locked the door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:12 am

PD,

I hope that all you guys out there on the west coast are all right. I was watching it on the television and it looked pretty nasty out here. A lot of smashed cars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:34 am

Any mud slides yet? The hills are always trying to get smaller it seems.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:32 am

JoelS wrote:
KFC? (where's the icon of a head throwing up?)

More likely we'll go to the local pizza joint.

lol! Not into the colonel, eh? Funny, but when my kids were little I could spend twice as much on pizza or some such thing and they wouldn't even blink, but a bucket of the colonels with mashed potatoes and gravy, the little buggers would start squealing with delight like it was Christmas or something Laughing

PostSubject: Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!   Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:04 am

Trans-fats or stupid people: the real danger to your health?

Reading the comments about KFC brought to mind an article I read recently, and since thread evolution and poking fun at Nannie Nazis are accepted practice here, I thought I'd share... http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,199734,00.html

"Itís unfortunate that KFC has to waste its time and money defending itself from CSPIís groundless lawsuit. On the other hand, KFC has a good opportunity to expose not only the trans fat myth but also CSPIís antics in a court of law. Letís hope KFC doesnít chicken out."
Back to top Go down

THAR SHE BLOWS!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: