HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My First Tamper Creation!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaitlyn3837

kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

My First Tamper Creation! Empty
PostSubject: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:40 pm

I used some of a beautiful block of Lacewood to make this beauty. Keep in mind, this is my first! I learned quite a bit just from this one and I can't wait to make another. I tried to take good pics of the grain but it really doesn't do it justice. The grain looks almost 3D when it's in your hands! Anywho, here are the goodies:

My First Tamper Creation! First%20tamper%201

My First Tamper Creation! First%20Tamper%202

My First Tamper Creation! First%20Tamper%205

My First Tamper Creation! First%20Tamper%20%206

My First Tamper Creation! First%20Tamper%203

My First Tamper Creation! First%20Tamper%204

Last edited by kaitlyn3837 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kaitlyn3837

kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:41 pm

Sorry some of the pics are a little fuzzy! I have been doing a lot of manual labor today, so my hands are a bit shaky for the camera phone.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:42 pm

Looks pretty sweet to me. You go girl!

Cool

Cheers,

RR

My First Tamper Creation! Purple11x 3My First Tamper Creation! Bombx10My First Tamper Creation! Bombx10  My First Tamper Creation! D6bddf10 My First Tamper Creation! 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d My First Tamper Creation! Cowboy13My First Tamper Creation! 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Pretty wood......
Back to top Go down
Fatman

Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:46 pm

It turned out nicely, I really like the grain in that wood.
Back to top Go down
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:51 pm

What can't you do?!
Back to top Go down
eklektos44

eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 11:18 pm

That's a beautiful Tamper. Well Done! cheers
Back to top Go down
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"
Richard Hester

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 8:00 am

Very nice you did a great job on that one.

Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
kaitlyn3837

kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 10:45 am

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

And juanmedusa, there is plenty I can't do, like cut new stems! But someday... I will learn!
Back to top Go down
RobJ

RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 11:29 am

Great job! That wood grain is quite striking.

Back to top Go down
AJ

AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 2:01 pm

I think the grain is awesome. Keep it up. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
Stick

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 5:30 pm

Jolly well done Kaitlyn! cheers
Back to top Go down
DireWolf

DireWolf

Registration date : 2015-01-13

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 5:56 pm

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
kaitlyn3837

kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 6:54 pm

Yay! I'm glad you guys all think the same thing I did when I saw the block... That grain is beautiful! It seriously looks 3D in your hands, it's wild!
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 8:16 pm

Pretty neat Kaitlyn. I bet some of that Lacewood used for a stem accent on a pipe, would make a nice pairing with your hand crafted tamper. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
kaitlyn3837

kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 10:07 pm

Dutch wrote:
Pretty neat Kaitlyn. I bet some of that Lacewood used for a stem accent on a pipe, would make a nice pairing with your hand crafted tamper. cheers cheers cheers

I plan on trying an extension/add-on to a pipe that I make in the future! I'm playing with pinewood practice pieces to make pipes before I start on the good wood. I'm feeling it out but I have tried a couple of pipe bowls so far. Some day I will be making legit piences! Actually, my significant other is far more adept than I am with power tools and an eye for shape. I'm a little jealous but I am happy to help and I'm glad that my significant other wants to take part in my hobby!
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 8:25 am

kaitlyn3837 wrote:
Dutch wrote:

I plan on trying an extension/add-on to a pipe that I make in the future! I'm playing with pinewood practice pieces to make pipes before I start on the good wood. I'm feeling it out but I have tried a couple of pipe bowls so far. Some day I will be making legit piences! Actually, my significant other is far more adept than I am with power tools and an eye for shape. I'm a little jealous but I am happy to help and I'm glad that my significant other wants to take part in my hobby!

Kaitlyn, it's hard to beat quality time in front of the lathe and the drill press! Laughing
Back to top Go down
mejoshee

mejoshee

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 3:42 pm

I like it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kaitlyn3837

kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: My First Tamper Creation!   My First Tamper Creation! EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 10:47 am

mejoshee wrote:
I like it! Very Happy

Thanks man!
Back to top Go down

My First Tamper Creation!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: