HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Boom!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ThatKidWithTheFace

ThatKidWithTheFace

Registration date : 2015-05-13

Boom! Empty
PostSubject: Boom!   Boom! EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 2:14 am

Not long ago, I received a very generous package from Juanmedusa. (Thanks again, man!)

When I opened the box, I was mesmerized by the different tobaccos. Luckily John had included a helpful note giving me the heads up on each tobacco, and had labeled each bag of tobacco "mild" , "medium" , "strong" , etc. So I knew where to start.

There was Aged Holger Dausk Flask (which I'm currently smoking), a fancy tin of Broken Scotch Cake, Rick Martin - Off, and some Savinelli Doblone D'oro. I was so impressed by the tobacco, that it was fifteen minutes later when I discovered that there was something else in the box.

What did I find? A beautiful pipe!

It's an immaculate straight Billiard, made in Spain by a maker going by Maxima. I'm so in love with this pipe it is crazy! It's got a nice light stain that really shows off the grain. The draw is nice and wide like I like, and it looks practically brand new!

So, of course, I got to smoking.

The Broken Scotch Cake was the mildest of the bunch. It's straight up Virgina with no pretenses. The moisture content is on-point, and it smokes like a dream, but there's not much flavor nor nicotine.

The Holger Dausk is a dark, almost black, flake that's nice and mellow but still bold enough to be remarkable. The flavor hinted at coffee or chocolate. I really enjoyed this tobacco, and am smoking my last bowl of it as I write.

The Dobolone D'oro is my favorite of the bunch. It came in beautiful little coins, and the flavor is chocolatey like the Holger Dausk, but much more robust, and the Kentucky Dark Fired in it gives it a very unique flavor. Totally will buy this in the future.

Well, I have to cut this short, as I have a kitten trying to walk across my keyboard and it is aggravating as hell! I'll be back to tell y'all about the Rock Martin soon.

Thanks again, John!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

Boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom!   Boom! EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 10:21 am

I've always thought that if you threw some burley and Perique into that Broken Scotch Cake you'd really have something. It's a truly great smoking tobacco with underwhelming interest imho. To me, your comments on this blend were perfect.

For everyone else, the Rock Martin-Off is a house blend. I'm guessing the name is some shop specific humor. It's red and black stoved Virginia ribbon with some burley, Turkish, and maybe perique. I don't know how the condiment leaf were introduced but the Virginia base is definitely a McClelland product.

Glad you enjoyed everything. Based on your interest in the Savinelli Doblone D"Oro I'm sure some Brothers might have some suggestions but, again, Old Dark Fired must be the first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

Boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom!   Boom! EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 10:26 am

Congrats Justin! cheers Well done John! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

Boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom!   Boom! EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 10:38 am

Very well done John, and congrats to Justin on the new pipe and blends!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom!   Boom! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 12:43 am

Boom indeed....

Excellent............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MichaelM

MichaelM

Registration date : 2014-02-13

Boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom!   Boom! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 6:33 pm

Good job John, and a great write up on the tobbacos. But somthing is missing. I think we need a pipe picture...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCha16KUMQOZfkW_RgR7eA3Q
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

Boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom!   Boom! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 6:56 pm

Well done, John. Considering you're involvment with the BoB Bomb Squad, I'd expect nothing less. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom!   Boom! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 7:21 pm

MichaelM wrote:
Good job John, and a great write up on the tobbacos.  But somthing is missing.  I think we need a pipe picture...

Yes, this!

Cheers,

RR

Boom! Purple11x 2Boom! Bombx10  Boom! Bombx5Boom! D6bddf10 Boom! 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

Boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom!   Boom! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 9:22 pm

FWIW, I roll up Broken Scotch Cake in cigarette papers and it makes for a good smoke (think mini cigar). Good flavor.

ThatKidWithTheFace

ThatKidWithTheFace

Registration date : 2015-05-13

Boom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boom!   Boom! EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 12:54 pm

Boom! ?ui=2&ik=8ce255b15a&view=fimg&th=14dc9c71ba5eff1e&attid=0

Ain't it beautiful!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Boom!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum