HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
johnjohn73

Registration date : 2015-06-04

PostSubject: Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC   Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:09 pm

Hello , everyone calls me John-John .
Im Canadian EH!!
I worked at a tattoo shop downtown Windsor Ontario when times where pretty good back before 9.11 ,I was on my lunch and took a walk downtown it was full of hustle and bustle on an amazing summer day. As I walked passed Humidor1 the business owner opened the door and the smell and the memories of childhood flooded back ,from my great grandfathers chewin tobacco , to my grandfathers pipe tobacco and my fathers love of a good cigar....
So I had to go in like a kid in a candy store I thought well maybe ill splurge and get a cigar...well about 2 hours later (and afew hundred dollars later) I left with my first freehand E.Nording pipe and a pouch of the most amazing blend of tobaccos. I was hooked I now had a way to sit with my forfathers in the memories conjured by the sweet fragrance and pungent bold flavor of each draw. The shop owner and the time he spent with me that day(I HAD to see ALL the pipes and smell ALL the fresh tobaccos ) will never be forgotten and has been a friend since. Thank You Brothers of Briar for welcoming me here and opening me up to the art of pipes something that I hadnt really taken the time to appreciate till now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC   Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Welcome to BoB, glad to have you eh! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC   Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:34 pm

Welcome JJ, and good to meet you. Sounds like you're well on your way into the world of pipedom.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC   Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:38 pm

Welcome to the BoB forums John-John! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC   Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:04 pm

Welcome, John-John! I hope you enjoy yourself here

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC   Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:30 am

Welcome aboard John-John, hope you enjoy your time here. You're a lucky one having such a good tobacconist available to you, I'm quite envious.

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitobi

Registration date : 2015-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC   Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:57 am

welcome JJ

wow that paints a good minds eye for a few hours well spent.

sadly none of my forefathers ever smoked a pipe or cigars, that I can physically remember but the first time I smelled a cigar it was almost a natural instinct to follow the guy down the road lol

wish we had a decent shop like yours here.. I walked into mine a few days ago and asked for macbaren cube copper/gold or lanes 1q and the two 70 year olds behind the bar both looked at each other and said hmm never heard of them
a shop run by an enthusiast will always outclass a shop run by sales assistants.

keep us posted and pics are always welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC   Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:37 am

Welcome to BoB! Glad to have you here. You will not find a friendlier bunch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://d4klutz.blogspot.com
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC   Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:05 am

Hello John-John and welcome to BoB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC   Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Welcome aboard. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC   Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:03 pm

Welcome to the Brotherhood!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC   Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:28 pm

Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC   Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:25 am

Great introduction, welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC   Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:35 am

Welcome from another Canuck (Kitchener, ON). I too am wishing we had a tobacconist like yours! The Walper Tobacco Shop here is the oldest in Canada, but IMHO has shrunk in both size and stature in recent years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC   Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Welcome to the Brotherhood!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hello from Windsor ont / Victoria BC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Welcome Wagon-
Jump to: