HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Georgiastonewall

Georgiastonewall

Registration date : 2015-06-20

Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? Empty
PostSubject: Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos?   Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 9:16 am

I am attempting to recreate and Old Edward's pipe shop blend that I have smoked for years and helped create at the Edward's shop in Atlanta. I have no problem finding natural tobaccos for blending but I have not been able to locate any flavored, cased or essenced tobaccos for blending an aromatic. I can find completed aromatic blends every where but none of the just basic components to make my tobacco from or at least get close enough to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos?   Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 9:25 am

One option would be to look at McClelland or Cornell and Diehl and see if they have anything that might work for you, they have a lot of flavored cavendish products and offer blending tobaccos. You might be able to call or write to Cornell and Diehl and aske them to replicate a certain tobacco for you.

I was considering something like this myself. I wanted a not too sweet burley based molasses flavored tobacco and could not find a straight black cavendish with no vanilla, just molasses, to add to the burleys and red virginias I already have. I still need to look into that.

Please keep us aprised if you have any luck.

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos?   Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 9:03 pm

Here is a place you might try..........

http://www.tobaccoflavor.com/store/index.php?cPath=24&osCsid=408kf8nhai0rsjpi8at318d0r5

Instructions

1.Lay out tobacco in the sealable container. Apply flavor enhancer and allow it to dry.

2.Remove any stems and shred the dried tobacco to the appropriate size for your pipe, or smoking preference.

3.Mist the flavoring oil over the tobacco, and stir it thoroughly.

4.Seal the container and let sit for 3 to 4 hours to allow the tobacco to absorb the flavor.

5.Remove the tobacco from the container, and spread it on a flat, dry surface. Allow it to dry, stirring every 4 hours to expedite the drying process.

6.Sample the batch after 24 hours to ensure it has dried properly. Allow to dry further, if the tobacco doesn't burn evenly when lit. Enjoy your new flavored tobacco!

Note.......... Don't try food type flavours or essential oils. They smoke terribly......
Back to top Go down
Thomas Tkach

Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos?   Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 9:10 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
One option would be to look at McClelland or Cornell and Diehl and see if they have anything that might work for you, they have a lot of flavored cavendish products and offer blending tobaccos. You might be able to call or write to Cornell and Diehl and aske them to replicate a certain tobacco for you.

I was considering something like this myself. I wanted a not too sweet burley based molasses flavored tobacco and could not find a straight black cavendish with no vanilla, just molasses, to add to the burleys and red virginias I already have. I still need to look into that.

Please keep us aprised if you have any luck.

I thought Stokkebye had something like that, but maybe I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
TwelveAMnTX

TwelveAMnTX

Registration date : 2015-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos?   Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 4:07 pm

Hey George
I'm new to the forum & to pipe tobacco but I have done a bit of looking around online checking different tobacco sites out. There are a couple that offer a bunch of different blending tobacco in natural & flavored form. I don't know what the rule is for posting links but pipes and cigars website offers a way to make your own blend. You have to order a minimum of 8 oz. but you could use it as a reference to make a smaller batch by buying 1 oz, samples. I seen other sites that have a lot of tobaccos to blend your own I'm still looking to see which sites I found. When I find them I will post again to let you know.
Hope this helped a bit!

12am
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/28662
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos?   Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 10:27 pm

A few years ago one of the online vendors, I think it was Pipes & Cigars, maybe Smoking Pipes...did a blend your own extravaganza. You bought blending tobacco and blended something, then sent some in for trial, the place then recreated the blend and the ones that sold the most "won". As part of this they had various essences for sale in vials. If you're looking for something like a essence...I'd suggest sending them an email asking if they still sold it, etc . Just a thought.

Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? D6bddf10Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? 29400910Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? 114e6110Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? Ddb39b10Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? Cf77ce10Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? Dd692012Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
TwelveAMnTX

TwelveAMnTX

Registration date : 2015-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos?   Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 12:17 am

I found one of the other places that had custom blends listed on their website. If you want to check it out they are Tobacco - Barn .com (with the dash but without all the spaces) on their website, under the tab blend pipe tobacco, it said you can call them & they will build a blend specifically for you. So if you already know the recipe I'm sure they could probably let you know if it is something they can blend up for you.

Hope this helps & good luck!

12am
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/28662
Georgiastonewall

Georgiastonewall

Registration date : 2015-06-20

PostSubject: Thank you all! Experiment underway!   Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 1:53 pm

I have received a lot of suggestions and I am checking all of them out Thank you! I am also trying an experiment. I have a large glass jar I don't use too much so I had put three different sample blends in there each in is own plastic bag. One of those blend is my back up blend from Peter Stokkebye Optimum. I god some of the optimum to smoke and noticed that it had taken on the pouch aroma of one of the other more strongly flavored vanilla blends in the jar. I smoke it and it did seem to have some more sweetness to it which I liked. I now have ordered some more optimum to try an experiment. I made a small cloth drawstring bag. When the new optimum arrives I am going to set a small portion aside as the control. I will fill the small back with a heavily cased vanilla tobacco and place it in the optimum and test it weekly to see what happens. I know what some of you might be thinking why not just blend the two together. Well in my experience some times when you blend different aromatics together especially from different manufacturers you get a blend called " My Mommy washed my mouth out with soap". Please share you ideas I will keep you posted on this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos?   Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 1:19 pm

Cool thread, I will follow along.
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos?   Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 1:39 pm

I tried to mix different aros together some time back. You know, a cinnamon with a chocolate, or a berry/cherry with vanilla, etc....

Most were totally either disgusting, or just plain tasteless. Even the 'sweetness' was gone. Still haven't nailed down what went wrong with so many attempts, other than perhaps it's like blending colours on a pallet. Too many colours always makes 'poop brown'. Well, I have about a pound of 'poop brown' aro. Named it "Aromatic Nightmare". Every once in a while I muscle through a bowl, but it really has no taste whatsoever. Hot air.

Who knew?
Back to top Go down

Where can I buy essenced, cased, or flavored tobaccos?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: