HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

need a little help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
beardedbassguy

Registration date : 2014-11-05

PostSubject: need a little help    Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:51 pm

A friend of my wife's just got into pipe smoking. Her grandfather was a life long Piper and just recently passed away. She got into piping to remember him, and her grandma gave her 3 of his pipes and some supplies. I gave her this site as a reference, and hope she joins up.

I'm going to bomb her with some tobacco , but I'm having trouble finding a a certain tobacco that she mentioned. She said her grandpa's favorite tobacco was "Honey Cavendish "

I can't for the life of me find a Honey Cavendish of any kind. Anyone have an idea what she may be talking about?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitobi

Registration date : 2015-05-30

PostSubject: Re: need a little help    Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:35 pm

I have a few honey blends, but none of honey Cavendish

but on a local pipe tobacco review site I did find this.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/479/edwards-honey-cavendish

I hope it is of some small use to you in your search, and will be ready to give a warm welcome to your friend if she does join.

andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: need a little help    Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:56 pm

Here's one.....

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/72455/sutliff-honey/#p-118887

I think I may still have a honey Cavendish cut blend I played with here. I'll see if I can dig it up...

PM me an address if you like....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: need a little help    Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:40 pm

beardedbassguy wrote:
A friend of my wife's just got into pipe smoking. Her grandfather was a life long Piper and just recently passed away.  She got into piping to remember him,  and her grandma gave her 3 of his pipes and some supplies. I gave her this site as a reference,  and hope she joins up.

I'm going to bomb her with some tobacco , but I'm having trouble finding a a certain tobacco that she mentioned. She said her grandpa's favorite tobacco was "Honey Cavendish "

I can't for the life of me find a Honey Cavendish of any kind.  Anyone have an idea what she may be talking about?

If he lived anywhere near an Edward's he might have smoked their Honey Cavendish that they sold years ago and I think is still available through their Ft. Collins, Co. store. My ex father-in-law smoked it as one of his regular blends he got from the Edward's store up on Preston Rd. in Dallas back in the early '70s. That's the only "Honey Cavandish" that I recall. Hope any of this helps. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: need a little help    Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:10 pm

I haven't the foggiest about honey Cavendish but also hope she joins up. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: need a little help    Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:08 am

Hey Beard Brother,

Honey Cavendish is definitely the name of one of Edward's house blends; not an aro guy but a friend brought some to a meet and it came straight from the Edward's in Tampa. The Fort Collins store Monbla mentioned no longer carried the Edward's blends the last time I was up, having gone mostly over to cigars, but the one down in Denver definitely does (best B&M mortar in the state, easy).

Since Edward's are franchises I'm not sure all stores carry the same range of blends, but assuming the Denver store carries Honey Cavendish I'd be happy to pick some up for you and either mail it to you or the recipient, whatever's easiest. Was planning a run next weekend anyway, so can report back if they carry it then--PM me if this sounds good, though I may be offline most of next week prior to going down from the high country so it could take me a while to respond. Cheers, and good on you for taking the Case of the Honey Cavendish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: need a little help    Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:26 am

Peretti's Boston's Best Cavendish is a great honey cured cavendish. Hands down the most flavorful I have ever smoked.

http://www.ljperetti.com/l-j-peretti-tobacco-cat/cavendish.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
beardedbassguy

Registration date : 2014-11-05

PostSubject: Re: need a little help    Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to direct her to this thread to see your suggestions. Thanks for the offer for the samples also, but I'm going to pass for now, mainly because I have already sent her a package Smile you guys are awesome and a lot of help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

need a little help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: