HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Friar's Briar... and such

Go down 
AuthorMessage
friar_jay

friar_jay

Registration date : 2012-09-09

The Friar's Briar... and such Empty
PostSubject: The Friar's Briar... and such   The Friar's Briar... and such EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 8:32 pm

My Collection...

Tobacco Shelf, first half
The Friar's Briar... and such 20150710

Tobacco Shelf, second half
The Friar's Briar... and such 20150711

Pipe Rack
The Friar's Briar... and such 20150712
Back to top Go down
https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/13483
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Friar's Briar... and such   The Friar's Briar... and such EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 8:49 pm

Looks like you have a nice collection going Jay! Does that cob in the bottom center have a reed stem? I have been wanting one of those for my collection.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The Friar's Briar... and such   The Friar's Briar... and such EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 9:10 pm

Nice little cellar ya got there but why the wax paper on many of your bail-top jars? Do they not have good rubber seals, if so, those are cheap at Wally-World !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
friar_jay

friar_jay

PostSubject: Re: The Friar's Briar... and such   The Friar's Briar... and such EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 9:49 pm

Dutch wrote:
Looks like you have a nice collection going Jay! Does that cob in the bottom center have a reed stem? I have been wanting one of those for my collection.

Thanks. That cob has a bamboo stem. I picked it up from the Old Dominion Pipe Company.

monbla256 wrote:
Nice little cellar ya got there but why the wax paper on many of your bail-top jars? Do they not have good rubber seals, if so, those are cheap at Wally-World !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Good question. They were cheap jars and I never trusted them. I've just never got around to picking up some better ones.
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Friar's Briar... and such   The Friar's Briar... and such EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 8:33 am

Jay, how do you like the Old Dominion cob compared to MM cobs? Are there any cons to the bamboo stem? Do they have a plug in the bottom, or are they left natural?

I have been planning to place an order with Old Dominion ever since I saw the article on them in P&T Magazine, just so I can have an original style cob in my collection.
Back to top Go down
friar_jay

friar_jay

PostSubject: Re: The Friar's Briar... and such   The Friar's Briar... and such EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 2:02 pm

Dutch wrote:
Jay, how do you like the Old Dominion cob compared to MM cobs? Are there any cons to the bamboo stem? Do they have a plug in the bottom, or are they left natural?

Personally I like the look of the Old Dominion cob, but for me I'll be sticking with MM for serious cob smoking. Why? Well, the bamboo stem is perfectly round and so the pipe has a tendency to spin if I let off the least amount of pressure and don't constantly keep a hand on it. That said, I've only got their "Chesapeake" cob... so it's not very big. If I had one of their slightly larger cobs I may enjoy it more.

Oh, and they don't have a plug either... they're all natural.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Friar's Briar... and such   The Friar's Briar... and such EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 8:51 pm

Very nice indeed Friar. "Nice and neat", as a long time friend of mine would say!

Cool 

Cheers,

RR

The Friar's Briar... and such Purple11x 2The Friar's Briar... and such Bombx10  The Friar's Briar... and such Bombx7The Friar's Briar... and such D6bddf10 The Friar's Briar... and such 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com

The Friar's Briar... and such
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: