HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rusticated small chimney billiard

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mejoshee

mejoshee

Registration date : 2013-05-31

Rusticated small chimney billiard Empty
PostSubject: Rusticated small chimney billiard   Rusticated small chimney billiard EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 6:57 pm

I'm working through the queue of pipes I "need" to make for some guys at the shop. Here's my first rusticated one. It will get an ebonite stem which I've already started shaping.

Rusticated small chimney billiard 2015-079

Rusticated small chimney billiard 2015-080

Rusticated small chimney billiard 2015-081

Sorry for the crappy quick pics. More pics to follow once I finish up the stem!
Back to top Go down
TwelveAMnTX

TwelveAMnTX

Registration date : 2015-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Rusticated small chimney billiard   Rusticated small chimney billiard EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Nice looking pipe. There's some pretty looking grain on what's not rusticated. Sweet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/28662
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Rusticated small chimney billiard   Rusticated small chimney billiard EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Looks like you're on a roll Josh! That should turn out great with a stem. Love the flame grain on the polished part of the bowl. It really looks like flame!

Cool 

Cheers,

RR

Rusticated small chimney billiard Purple11x 3Rusticated small chimney billiard Bombx10Rusticated small chimney billiard Bombx10  Rusticated small chimney billiard D6bddf10 Rusticated small chimney billiard 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d Rusticated small chimney billiard Cowboy13Rusticated small chimney billiard 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
mejoshee

mejoshee

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Rusticated small chimney billiard   Rusticated small chimney billiard EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 7:29 pm

TwelveAMnTX wrote:
Nice looking pipe. There's some pretty looking grain on what's not rusticated. Sweet!

Brewdude wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Looks like you're on a roll Josh! That should turn out great with a stem. Love the flame grain on the polished part of the bowl. It really looks like flame!

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Thanks for the kind words yet again!

Yup! Unfortunately, what was rusticated was not much to look at. Lots of pits on the bottom of the bowl too! It looked like a rotten potato with eyes. But, these things happen and I thought I'd experiment with a Radice Rind look. So far looks like you guys like it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"
Richard Hester

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Rusticated small chimney billiard   Rusticated small chimney billiard EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 9:05 pm

That is a fine looking pipe sir very nice indeed keep up the good work.

Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Rusticated small chimney billiard   Rusticated small chimney billiard EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Nice stain on that pipe Josh! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with on the finish. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
AJ

AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Rusticated small chimney billiard   Rusticated small chimney billiard EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 3:39 pm

Way to go Josh! I really like the thick walls. JMO but I think all pipes should have a thick walled chamber. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down

Rusticated small chimney billiard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: