another pipe finished

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"
Richard Hester

Registration date : 2009-08-12

another pipe finished Empty
PostSubject: another pipe finished   another pipe finished EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 8:23 am

Just finished this pipe another fun one to make, thanks for looking.
another pipe finished Img_0419
another pipe finished Img_0420
another pipe finished Img_0421

Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: another pipe finished   another pipe finished EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 5:07 am

A very challenging shape to try your hand at Richard but it looks like you had it well in hand, think I would have given the stem a different rate of curvature to aide with the smoking qualities of this one. As it is the tobacco chamber will be a little too close under the face for my own comfort, if the stem curvature started slightly lower it would grant a greater distance for the chamber from the face. Just my thoughts on that one Richard, it's a wonderful pipe and will no doubt grant the owner many many years of excellent companionship. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: another pipe finished   another pipe finished EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 10:29 am

Now THAT is kinky......

When I first looked at it my brain had trouble wrapping itself around the shape..

Very cool...
Back to top Go down
Richard Hester
Richard Hester

PostSubject: Re: another pipe finished   another pipe finished EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Briar Spirit wrote:
A very challenging shape to try your hand at Richard but it looks like you had it well in hand, think I would have given the stem a different rate of curvature to aide with the smoking qualities of this one. As it is the tobacco chamber will be a little too close under the face for my own comfort, if the stem curvature started slightly lower it would grant a greater distance for the chamber from the face. Just my thoughts on that one Richard, it's a wonderful pipe and will no doubt grant the owner many many years of excellent companionship. Smile

After looking at it you are right brother the stem does need a little adjustment and thank you again for the kind words. As you know I am a fan of your work also it would be great if we could get in a shop together and make some dust.

Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
Richard Hester
Richard Hester

PostSubject: Re: another pipe finished   another pipe finished EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Now THAT is kinky......

When I first looked at it my brain had trouble wrapping itself around the shape..

Very cool...

Thank you Mr. Wizard I like kinky.

Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: another pipe finished   another pipe finished EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 1:42 pm

Richard Hester wrote:
it would be great if we could get in a shop together and make some dust.

I truly wish with all my heart that could be possible Richard, it would be a fine thing indeed and of course you get some wonderful Briar to work with, couldn't hurt to have a bash at working some real nice Briar for a change, ah well, such is life my friend. Smile
Back to top Go down
Timbo

Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: another pipe finished   another pipe finished EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Great pipe there Richard. There's something about the shape that really speaks to me. Just exquisite.

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
Richard Hester
Richard Hester

PostSubject: Re: another pipe finished   another pipe finished EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 10:17 pm

Timbo wrote:
Great pipe there Richard. There's something about the shape that really speaks to me. Just exquisite.

Cheers

Tim

Thank you Brother Tim.

Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down

another pipe finished
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: