HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

DFW pipe event report July 2015

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stapf

stapf

Registration date : 2014-10-23

DFW pipe event report July 2015 Empty
PostSubject: DFW pipe event report July 2015   DFW pipe event report July 2015 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 9:23 pm

We had a total of between 50 and 75 people show up for the first pipe event at Tobacco Cabana in Cedar Hill TX.  It was a gathering of the pipe clubs with all 3 DFW area clubs represented as well as Austin and Waco.  Local pipe carvers Colin Rigsby, Bob Gilbert, Ryan Alden and Bill Walther, a representative from Lane Tobacco, and Smokin' Holsters were in attendance as well.

Below:  Bill Walther on right.

DFW pipe event report July 2015 Img_0010

Below: Bob Gilbert

DFW pipe event report July 2015 Img_0012

Below:  Colin Rigsby on right.

DFW pipe event report July 2015 Img_0013

Below:  Bill Walther's pipes

DFW pipe event report July 2015 Img_0014

Below:  Colin Rigsby and the Dunhill 7 day set he brought to display.

DFW pipe event report July 2015 Img_0016

All of the above photos are courtesy Steve Fallon aka Pipestud.

All of the below photos are courtesy my ancient blackberry phone.

Below:  Jim Klipp Owner of Tobacco Cabana on right.

DFW pipe event report July 2015 Pipe_e10

Below:  Neil of Smokin' Holsters on left.

DFW pipe event report July 2015 Pipe_e11

DFW pipe event report July 2015 Pipe_e12

DFW pipe event report July 2015 Pipe_e13

I hope to have more pictures soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: DFW pipe event report July 2015   DFW pipe event report July 2015 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 6:43 am

Looks like a real success! Very nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: DFW pipe event report July 2015   DFW pipe event report July 2015 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 11:28 am

I've never been to a pipe show of any kind, nor have I consorted with groups of committed pipe smokers in a small room. They look harmless, but I don't know. Some seem to have a roguish air about them, especially to someone as delicate and mannerly as I am. Comparison with pics at the post office might allay some of my fears, but I think I'll leave it to braver souls than I to attend these bacchanalia. But thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: DFW pipe event report July 2015   DFW pipe event report July 2015 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 9:50 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
I've never been to a pipe show of any kind, nor have I consorted with groups of committed pipe smokers in a small room. They look harmless, but I don't know. Some seem to have a roguish air about them, especially to someone as delicate and mannerly as I am. Comparison with pics at the post office might allay some of my fears, but I think I'll leave it to braver souls than I to attend these bacchanalia. But thanks for posting.

Richard, the mosaic effect is used for a reason. Looks like a good time was had by all, wish I could have been there myself! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beardedbassguy

beardedbassguy

Registration date : 2014-11-05

PostSubject: Re: DFW pipe event report July 2015   DFW pipe event report July 2015 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:16 pm

I really wish I could have made it. Still fighting this "cold" which I think was more than that. My entire family is sick, and my coworkers in my area are all sick. It started with one of my coworkers. She had strep and the flu. So... It's been a rough few days. Glad it was a good turn out though. Maybe next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

DFW pipe event report July 2015
Page 1 of 1