Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"
Richard Hester

Registration date : 2009-08-12

two more Empty
PostSubject: two more   two more EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 12:08 pm

Finished these a few days back one is olive wood and the other is briar and antler both were fun to make, thank you for looking.
two more Img_0518
two more Img_0519

Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
eklektos44

eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

two more Empty
PostSubject: Re: two more   two more EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 12:10 pm

Very nice! I like the simplicity of the olive wood billiard, great lines. cheers
Back to top Go down
Richard Hester
Richard Hester

two more Empty
PostSubject: Re: two more   two more EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 3:36 pm

eklektos44 wrote:
Very nice! I like the simplicity of the olive wood billiard, great lines. cheers

Thank you sir, I am not a big fan of the olive wood, it is very easy to work with and fun to make pipes but the briar has my heart. thank you again for the kind words.

Best Regards
Richard

Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

two more Empty
PostSubject: Re: two more   two more EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 7:47 pm

eklektos44 wrote:

Yes, this. The antler pipe is very cool but the olive billiard is stunning in it's simplicity and shape. Looks like you have this classic shape well in hand Richard.

Richard Hester wrote:
I am not a big fan of the olive wood, it is very easy to work with and fun to make pipes but the briar has my heart.

So I'm guessing olive wood is maybe softer and more forgiving than briar? To date I've not seen any pits in olive wood pipes, or perhaps I just haven't been looking hard enough?

In any event, it's an interesting wood in the way the grain takes the stain. Cosmetically it's very attractive.

And I hasten to add that I don't own an olive wood pipe yet. Sometime down the road I will though.

Cheers,

RR

two more Purple11x 3two more Bombx10two more Bombx10  two more D6bddf10 two more 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d two more Cowboy13two more 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Richard Hester
Richard Hester

two more Empty
PostSubject: Re: two more   two more EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 8:27 pm

Brewdude wrote:
eklektos44 wrote:

Yes, this. The antler pipe is very cool but the olive billiard is stunning in it's simplicity and shape. Looks like you have this classic shape well in hand Richard.

Richard Hester wrote:
I am not a big fan of the olive wood, it is very easy to work with and fun to make pipes but the briar has my heart.

So I'm guessing olive wood is maybe softer and more forgiving than briar? To date I've not seen any pits in olive wood pipes, or perhaps I just haven't been looking hard enough?

In any event, it's an interesting wood in the way the grain takes the stain. Cosmetically it's very attractive.

And I hasten to add that I don't own an olive wood pipe yet. Sometime down the road I will though.

Cheers,

RR

Yes sir olive wood is much softer than briar and as far as pits I haven't seen any but I have only done three pipes with it who knows I may in time find some peace's with some kind of problem, as far as stain I don't use any kind of stain on it all I use is wax. Thank you for the kind words.

Best Regards
Ricahrd
Back to top Go down
AJ

AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

two more Empty
PostSubject: Re: two more   two more EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Both look very good and you certainly have that billiard shape down to a science but the pipe with the antler is right in my wheelhouse. I think it represents your best one yet. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
Richard Hester
Richard Hester

two more Empty
PostSubject: Re: two more   two more EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 6:25 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
Both look very good and you certainly have that billiard shape down to a science but the pipe with the antler is right in my wheelhouse. I think it represents your best one yet. Smile

AJ

Thank you AJ very kind of you.

Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

two more Empty
PostSubject: Re: two more   two more EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 4:52 am

Richard Hester wrote:

two more Img_0518

I'm with AJ on this one Richard, love the Billiard but this one is very appealing, fabulously quirky in all the right ways, love it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Richard Hester
Richard Hester

two more Empty
PostSubject: Re: two more   two more EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 1:19 pm

Briar Spirit wrote:
Richard Hester wrote:

two more Img_0518

I'm with AJ on this one Richard, love the Billiard but this one is very appealing, fabulously quirky in all the right ways, love it. Smile

Thank you brother I think I need to go hunting again I am running out of antler.

Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down

two more
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: DIY-
Jump to: