HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share
 

 Got Married!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wet Dottle

Wet Dottle

Location : Littleton, CO
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 10:17 pm

Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Age : 55
Location : Mark Twain National Forest, MO
Registration date : 2014-10-11

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 10:47 pm

I like the comment that the mortgage is harder to get out of than a marriage.. Perceptions are funny these days........

Best wishes to you both, and my hope is that now that the deed is done, nothing changes. May the feelings and expectations and dreams persist, and your hearts be ever closer entwined.....................

Oh, and if by chance one of those bottles of JW end up falling into the postal system in my general direction, I will be sure to write a stellar review!




(smirk)

Congratulations at any rate!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Hermit

Age : 66
Location : Ascension Parish
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 11:26 pm

kaitlyn3837 wrote:
d4klutz wrote:
Congrats!  My wife and I eloped as well.  Would do it again in a heartbeat. May you two have many happy years ahead of you.

Interesting. That's at least two of you gents who chose to elope rather than a traditional wedding. I'm not alone!

The only downside is that someone posted pictures/info on Facebook before I got to call my parents today. So they were pretty hurt by that. I'm trying not to let it bring me down though!

I didn't elope, but it was just me, my wife and the judge.  (36 years ago)
His office staff were the witnesses.
No pictures, which is a shame; the judge's office was a hoot.
Stuffed armadillos and alligators and stuff.   Laughing


Last edited by Hermit on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 11:28 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
If you don't mind sharing with us post a link to the facebook page with the pictures. Would love to see the happy couple together. I love you I love you

AJ

As soon as we get the pictures loaded off the memory card we will throw together an FB album and post it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 11:29 pm

Hermit wrote:
kaitlyn3837 wrote:
d4klutz wrote:
Congrats!  My wife and I eloped as well.  Would do it again in a heartbeat. May you two have many happy years ahead of you.

Interesting. That's at least two of you gents who chose to elope rather than a traditional wedding. I'm not alone!

The only downside is that someone posted pictures/info on Facebook before I got to call my parents today. So they were pretty hurt by that. I'm trying not to let it bring me down though!

I didn't elope, but it was just me, my wife and the judge.  (36 years ago)
His office staff were the witnesses.
No pictures, which is a shame; the judge's office was a hoot.
Stuffed armadillos and alligators and stuff.   Laughing

That is legit!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

AJ

Age : 70
Location : East of the Rocky Mountains
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 am

kaitlyn3837 wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:
If you don't mind sharing with us post a link to the facebook page with the pictures. Would love to see the happy couple together. I love you I love you

AJ

As soon as we get the pictures loaded off the memory card we will throw together an FB album and post it Smile


Atta girl! cheers Can hardly wait to see them.   bounce Smile  bounce

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DireWolf

DireWolf

Age : 46
Location : NW Oregon
Registration date : 2015-01-13

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 12:56 am

Congratulations!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Jevverrett

Age : 36
Location : Meriden, Ct
Registration date : 2014-12-13

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 10:05 am

Best wishes to you. I haven't gone down that road yet, but have been thinking about it. We do have to kids together now. Eloping is probably the way to go though. My gf was married before, and the wedding is a hassle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 11:28 am

Alright, hopefully you guys can see this album. Let me know if there is any trouble when you click the link!



For some reason the hyperlink isn't working, so you might have to copy and paste this:

https://www.facebook.com/kara.huntress/media_set?set=a.10153943281986564.1073741836.540611563&type=3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

RobJ

Location : Mukilteo, Washington USA
Registration date : 2014-07-07

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 11:50 am

Congratulations once more and thanks for sharing your photos, very nice; you made a beautiful bride indeed!

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarlockBob

WarlockBob

Age : 27
Location : Beaverton, OR
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 11:58 am

Congratulations!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

DrT999

Age : 61
Location : Piedmont of North Carolina
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 2:03 pm

kaitlyn3837 wrote:
Alright, hopefully you guys can see this album. Let me know if there is any trouble when you click the link!



For some reason the hyperlink isn't working, so you might have to copy and paste this:

https://www.facebook.com/kara.huntress/media_set?set=a.10153943281986564.1073741836.540611563&type=3

great set of photos! congrats again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 8:06 pm

Nice pics! For a "spur o' the moment" wedding, this seems pretty organized. Congrats again...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Brewdude
Moderator
Brewdude

Age : 66
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 8:31 pm

This is what I got when I clicked on the link-

Sorry, this content isn't available right now

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Center


Question



Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


Got Married! - Page 2 Purple11x 2Got Married! - Page 2 Bombx10  Got Married! - Page 2 Bombx6Got Married! - Page 2 D6bddf10 Got Married! - Page 2 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Dutch

Dutch

Age : 54
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 8:34 pm

Brewdude wrote:
This is what I got when I clicked on the link-

Sorry, this content isn't available right now


The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Center


Question



Cheers,

RR

Rande, I got the same link. I suppose it might be because we don't have Facebook accounts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

AJ

Age : 70
Location : East of the Rocky Mountains
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Dutch wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
This is what I got when I clicked on the link-

Sorry, this content isn't available right now




The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Center


Question



Cheers,

RR

Rande, I got the same link. I suppose it might be because we don't have Facebook accounts.



I got the same message but when I signed onto FB the pictures appeared. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Moderator
Brewdude

Age : 66
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:02 pm

Dutch wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
This is what I got when I clicked on the link-

Sorry, this content isn't available right now




The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Center


Question



Cheers,

RR

Rande, I got the same link. I suppose it might be because we don't have Facebook accounts.


That's probably it Chris. Oh well.


Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


Got Married! - Page 2 Purple11x 2Got Married! - Page 2 Bombx10  Got Married! - Page 2 Bombx6Got Married! - Page 2 D6bddf10 Got Married! - Page 2 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Hermit

Hermit

Age : 66
Location : Ascension Parish
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:10 pm

What's Facebook?   Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:16 pm

Hermit wrote:
What's Facebook?   Shocked

An evil conspiracy to rob you of privacy and sell personal information to advertisers....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Brewdude
Moderator
Brewdude

Age : 66
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:32 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Hermit wrote:
What's Facebook?   Shocked

An evil conspiracy to rob you of privacy and sell personal information to advertisers....


My feelings 100%......


Evil or Very Mad


Cheers?


RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


Got Married! - Page 2 Purple11x 2Got Married! - Page 2 Bombx10  Got Married! - Page 2 Bombx6Got Married! - Page 2 D6bddf10 Got Married! - Page 2 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Age : 55
Location : Mark Twain National Forest, MO
Registration date : 2014-10-11

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 10:42 pm

AND a serenade.


Wonderful.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 9:37 am

Thanks guys! And for those of you who don't have Facebook, sorry!

Ozark, I had to do it LOL. The song I played I had originally intended to play for the proposal/engagement. BUT that was a kinda spur-of-the-moment deal as well. So, I surprised her with it at the ceremony! She actually had no idea and we had the guitar hidden, so it was perfect!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 9:49 am

Fr_Tom wrote:
Nice pics! For a "spur o' the moment" wedding, this seems pretty organized. Congrats again...

Well, we had 48 hours. We chose Tuesday since we were both off of work. My friend who works at the cigar lounge with me is a notary and has been begging to do it. So we called him the night before and he was able to get out of work for a couple hours. The two gents who walked us down the aisle had already been asked if they would do it for our wedding, so when we called and told them about the elopement, they rearranged to be there. Our best man and woman were either free or able to get out of work for an hour.

The wedding dress she was given a few years ago by an older lady that she helped take care of, it was a Persian handmade dress. As for everyone else, I told them I was wearing khakis, white blouse, brown vest, and a lightish blue tie, so blue was the theme color. If you look closely at the photos, there is like 5 different blues, but it works! Everything just kinda fell into place. There was even a 40%-60% chance of rain, we had light cloud cover for 15 minutes and then it was sunny!

It's funny because when I "came out" to my family, I thought I would be destined to find someone who is a Wiccan, vegetarian or something because of stereotypes. Whereas I am a bible-believing Christian who loooooooves meat (bacon EVERYTHING). She is a God-fearing, meat-loving, beautiful, woman, and I am blessed! And God provided the perfect day, ceremony, timing, and everything. So here's a big middle-finger to stereotypes and a reminder that God is bigger than all of my doubts.

PS. Sorry to go off a little sideways and religious there! Love you guys, thanks for letting me share.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Age : 38
Location : Falls Church, Virginia
Registration date : 2013-07-06

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 10:11 am

I must be one tired daddy to miss this for so long! I've been keeping up with my bomber obligations but have been slacking in keeping full attention to the forum recently. Maybe you've all noticed? Teething baby, starting solids, still not sleeping through the night at all. Anyways, congrats so much! I'm so glad to hear this awesome news. Will be trying to see the album when I have laptop access this weekend.

Ps, that lady is 100% right. It's a lot easier to get out of a marriage than a mortgage. Verified.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

Got Married! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Married!   Got Married! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 10:26 am

juanmedusa wrote:
I must be one tired daddy to miss this for so long! I've been keeping up with my bomber obligations but have been slacking in keeping full attention to the forum recently. Maybe you've all noticed? Teething baby, starting solids, still not sleeping through the night at all. Anyways, congrats so much! I'm so glad to hear this awesome news. Will be trying to see the album when I have laptop access this weekend.

Ps, that lady is 100% right. It's a lot easier to get out of a marriage than a mortgage. Verified.

It's alright, man! You got a lot going on right now!

And yeah, she made me laugh with the mortgage thing and it's even funnier to find out it's true. I really didn't think much of it when we bought the house because I just knew that it was the best financial decision. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Got Married!
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Life Events-
Jump to: