HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Jim's G&H Brown Irish Sweet Chocolate Rose Review.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Jim's G&H Brown Irish Sweet Chocolate Rose Review.   Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:15 pm

The Virginia is boldly earthy with a dark fruit taste. I believe some Kentucky burley is also present because I continually sense a nutty earthiness that I associate with it. I get a little cocoa, not as much as I expected, but it's smooth and creamy. The floral rose essence is very noticeable, more at the front than the finish, but even at the end, its presence is obvious. While the toppings do mute the tobacco flavor, you'll definitely get the latter in every puff to various degrees. Has a decent nic-hit. Needs some dry and prep time as G&H ropes normally will. Burns slow and requires relights. The moisture level in the bowl depends on how you dry it. I leave a little moisture in the tobacco, but can smoke it to ash. Will ghost a briar. Not so strong that you couldn't repeat it during your smoking day, but it's not an all day smoke. Has a very pleasant after taste and the room note doesn't scare away your women or your cats. Three and a half stars.

Last edited by JimInks on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's G&H Brown Irish Sweet Chocolate Rose Review.   Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:47 pm

I have to say you got a lot more out of this than I did! I really didn't get the rose at all; once again going to show that we all taste things somewhat differently!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's G&H Brown Irish Sweet Chocolate Rose Review.   Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:53 pm

DrT999 wrote:
I have to say you got a lot more out of this than I did!  I really didn't get the rose at all; once again going to show that we all taste things somewhat differently!

I think the rose is more floral than actually tasting like rose, but I think the rose accounts for some of the smoothness. Having smelled and tasted rose water in the past, I kind of felt it was here in a small amount. I wasn't sure I was going to like this, but I do. Thanks for the sample.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's G&H Brown Irish Sweet Chocolate Rose Review.   Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:06 pm

JimInks wrote:
DrT999 wrote:
I have to say you got a lot more out of this than I did!  I really didn't get the rose at all; once again going to show that we all taste things somewhat differently!

I think the rose is more floral than actually tasting like rose, but I think the rose accounts for some of the smoothness. Having smelled and tasted rose water in the past, I kind of felt it was here in a small amount. I wasn't sure I was going to like this, but I do. Thanks for the sample.

Always happy to share! Very Happy I'm glad you enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Jim's G&H Brown Irish Sweet Chocolate Rose Review.   Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:14 pm

I appreciate the review from JimInks and comment By Dr."T". I've been wondering if this was something I might enjoy and the Lakelands that Dr."T" likes I usually like. Might have to try this one. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Jim's G&H Brown Irish Sweet Chocolate Rose Review.   Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Sounds interesting. Thanks for the review and info..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim's G&H Brown Irish Sweet Chocolate Rose Review.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1