HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Comoy's of London Cask #2 Portwood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Comoy's of London Cask #2 Portwood   Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:55 am

This is a piece of one of the bombs I received. I have seen Comoy's tins/blends online but never tried any before this. Going thru tobaccos a couple nights ago, the smell of this one immediately drew me in, so I decided to give it a whirl.

I REALLY enjoyed this. It has a light sweetness to me but not overwhelming. I read about it on tobaccoreviews.com and I like that the vanilla and cocoa that they used isn't super sticky. I can also still taste the tobacco itself, which I really enjoy. I don't like when flavoring completely wipes out the tobacco. I will probably order a tin or two of this in the future!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NAJ_ile

Registration date : 2015-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Comoy's of London Cask #2 Portwood   Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:59 pm

Sounds interesting. Do you think it tastes/smells chemical. I have had some aros in the past (CAO) that had a very un-natural chemical smell to them...not good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Comoy's of London Cask #2 Portwood   Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Thanks for sharing your impressions. I have been intrigued by Comoy's tobaccos for a while.
Back to top Go down
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Comoy's of London Cask #2 Portwood   Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:17 am

NAJ_ile wrote:
Sounds interesting.  Do you think it tastes/smells chemical.  I have had some aros in the past (CAO) that had a very un-natural chemical smell to them...not good.  

No, certainly did not taste chemicals. Mostly aros that I have had don't taste like chemicals but the flavoring is definitely nice.

How familiar are you with CAO? I ask because they have a flavored cigar line that came out long before they dabbled in pipe tobaccos. For me, those cigars also tasted like chemicals as well. They are cheap cigars, not premium because they are mostly chopped tobacco and machine rolled. For me, premium cigars HAVE to be long-filler and hand-rolled.

So, if their cigars are any indication of their pipe tobacco, then I can certainly see where you would get that chemical taste from. But other brands like Stokkebye and Lane aromatics have not tasted like chemicals to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Comoy's of London Cask #2 Portwood   Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:43 pm

I've tried three of the Cask series of blend/mixtures and found them ALL to be well done, tasty and made from evidently high quality leaf. The tinned versions are more pricey than the bulk but they do come in a neat little re-usable "paint can" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Comoy's of London Cask #2 Portwood
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1