HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Kyle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Kyle   Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:06 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Of which tobacco do you speak?

I just remember you have an aversion to perique.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Kyle   Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:06 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:

SPUD 15 wrote:
Glad to hear you are ok. Hope things keep going well for you. MIKE

Hey there Mike.  Very Happy  I still have my ammo-case tamper--I let people use it but tell them it's a training tamper:  that it's still filled with powder and primers, if you tamp too much, it blows up.  Heh.  

I use mine almost daily. I have it and a $3 drug store tamper. I've lost all the rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Kyle   Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:57 pm

I've been enjoying reading your reviews over at PM Kyle, I quite like your writing style, good for a giggle mate.

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Kyle   Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:14 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:
Of which tobacco do you speak?

I just remember you have an aversion to perique.

Ah... yes.  I still kind of do, though I think I even mentioned in a review I am finding it harder and harder to find new tobacco that doesn't have a little Perique in it.  The story on that goes, Hal'O'The'Wynd had a little bit, and that was okay.  Greg released Sixpence, and when I said I liked the unmarked sample he gave me, he laughed at me for a while.  Elizabethan Mixture, while I found it boring as hell, even leaning toward unpleasant, did do Perique in a manner I found at least somewhat palatable.  

What does this mean?  I'm warming up to very low-doses of Perique, it seems.  Escudo, Triple Play, Briar Fox etc. etc. still leave me none too happy.   So perhaps my tastes have changed.   It's not a good idea to try to publish words like "...this tobacco fuckin' sucks;" Kevin G would probably not approve, and I'm not a very good sycophant.  So any critical reviews I find benefit from a balance of finding good points (if there are any) and explaining the bad ones rationally.  One day I'll probably be faced with a tobacco that I couldn't find any redeeming qualities, and I'll have to be honest and take that in stride.  What is nice is I get to choose what I review, but I suspect at some point there may be a request for me to tackle something I didn't choose myself.  

Peeb wrote:

I use mine almost daily. I have it and a $3 drug store tamper. I've lost all the rest.

That's my story, too.  I have these shells that I found in the desert that I believe were training blanks, but they fit the scoop-end of an aluminum pipe nail nearly perfect.  Thinking about hybridizing the two for fun.  I'll send you one if/when I get around to it.

Timbo: Thanks man! Smile

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kyle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4