HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Refurb - an exercise in fills. Treaty Bond Rhodesian

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Refurb - an exercise in fills. Treaty Bond Rhodesian   Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:38 pm

Hi again, BoB-ers. This is the third pipe to be refurbed from an auction lot of 17 estates. A Treaty Bond Rhodesian that ended up a great exercise in fills to both briar and vulcanite.

Before and After pics:

Full write-up and lots for pics on my blog HERE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Refurb - an exercise in fills. Treaty Bond Rhodesian   Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:26 pm

Just checked out your blog. That's an amazing transformation! You did really well on this. The pipe now looks as good as new!

cheers 

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Refurb - an exercise in fills. Treaty Bond Rhodesian   Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:32 pm

I agree with Rande, that is quite a transformation! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ontariopiper

PostSubject: Re: Refurb - an exercise in fills. Treaty Bond Rhodesian   Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Thanks gents.I have to admit that a good part of the fun in these refurbs comes from the fact that the pipes in this auction lot all arrived really dirty. It's like a treasure hunt - let's scrape off the grime and see what we find this time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Refurb - an exercise in fills. Treaty Bond Rhodesian   Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:34 pm

Now THAT is a REFURB!! If it weren't for the fills, I'd say you'd done real good with Photoshop !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil THAT'S a BRAND NEW PIPE !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ontariopiper

PostSubject: Re: Refurb - an exercise in fills. Treaty Bond Rhodesian   Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:47 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Now THAT is a REFURB!! If it weren't for the fills, I'd say you'd done real good with Photoshop !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  THAT'S a BRAND NEW PIPE !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Thanks monbla. The fills are quite evident - there's not really any hiding 1/4" square fills unless I rusticate the bowl, but this pipe feels so good in the hand! I didn't want to ruin that. Down the road, it may be worth doing perhaps a partial rustication - maybe just the bottom of the bowl from the rings down.

If I had a sandblaster, now...... Just a sec--- Hey, Honey!?!?! Laughing Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Refurb - an exercise in fills. Treaty Bond Rhodesian   Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:22 pm

You've gotten really good at this refurb business in a very short time. Congratulations on another beautiful job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Refurb - an exercise in fills. Treaty Bond Rhodesian
Page 1 of 1