HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

McClelland's Balkan Sunrise?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fumus

Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-24

McClelland's Balkan Sunrise? Empty
PostSubject: McClelland's Balkan Sunrise?   McClelland's Balkan Sunrise? EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 3:26 am

With BnM's being about as rare hens teeth around here, I took the opportunity to visit one I found on line while I was up north visiting the state capitol earlier this week. Picked up an ounce of bulk tobacco that they claimed was "McClelland's Balkan Sunrise". Thing is, I wasn't able to find any mention of this blend either on tobacco reviews or the McClelland web page. Based on further research I think its probably a Altadis/Sutliff blend, but closest blend name I could find was "sunrise smoke". Does anyone know if maybe Balkan Sunrise is just the bulk name for Sunrise smoke? afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: McClelland's Balkan Sunrise?   McClelland's Balkan Sunrise? EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 11:46 am

Is it listed as such on their website, assuming they have one? My guess is that it's a b.s. name used to keep the blend "proprietary." They want you to buy it from them, not online. If they told you its real name, you'd just buy quantity (as opposed to an ounce) from P & C, or whoever is cheapest. It's a version of a marketing ploy used for various products like mattresses, off-the-rack suits, et al. Can't say I blame them.

On the other hand, it may actually be proprietary, and is something they mixed up themselves from McClelland components. In any event, I have found that B & M owners like to play their cards close to their chest, shall we say?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: McClelland's Balkan Sunrise?   McClelland's Balkan Sunrise? EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 2:41 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
Is it listed as such on their website, assuming they have one? My guess is that it's a b.s. name used to keep the blend "proprietary." They want you to buy it from them, not online. If they told you its real name, you'd just buy quantity (as opposed to an ounce) from P & C, or whoever is cheapest. It's a version of a marketing ploy used for various products like mattresses, off-the-rack suits, et al. Can't say I blame them.

On the other hand, it may actually be proprietary, and is something they mixed up themselves from McClelland components. In any event, I have found that B & M owners like to play their cards close to their chest, shall we say?

^^^^^^^^This +1^^^^^^^^

B&M's are forever relabeling Lanes, McClelland, Sutliff, and a host of others company blends with their own product names and with prices that are substantially higher than original. They have to make money somehow. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: McClelland's Balkan Sunrise?   McClelland's Balkan Sunrise? EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 2:47 pm

Like Richard and AJ have said, it in all probability is either store blended from McC's leaf and a store recipe or it's a McC's blend sold under a name given it by the shop. If you liked it, re-order more from them!! Twisted Evil  I've been smoking McC's blend/mitures since the mid '80s and don't recall any with that name. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: McClelland's Balkan Sunrise?   McClelland's Balkan Sunrise? EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 11:56 pm

I have seen that relabeling action before. As I gradually got more exposed to various manufacturers/blends, I've been able to ask for their stuff by the real maker's name rather than the house name and they go right for the right stuff. No biggy to me, I get it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

McClelland's Balkan Sunrise?
Page 1 of 1