HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:16 am

Such devastation, I love it when a plan comes together like that.

Enjoy in rude health sir.

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MichaelM

Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:46 am

It looks like someone got what was coming to them cheers
Enjoy the haul brother!
Mike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCha16KUMQOZfkW_RgR7eA3Q
WarlockBob

Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 am

Now THAT is what I like to see!! Holy strawberries Batman, you're in a jam! Keep your eyes open for stragglers... You never know what may show up at your door once the wreckage has been cleared geek

So far, this has been an amazing bombing, folks! Seeing this destruction wrought by your hands makes me swell up with pride. Nothing like it in the world!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:42 am

Eager to see the full damage report on this one. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:27 pm

Great job team!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Any yes. It looks like they're picking through the rubble to find that last tin.

Good work all!

View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:28 pm

Firedance Flake = Classy. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:35 pm

I agree. A devine dessert...BlackBerry brandy creme...in Flake form. What's not to like?

View user profile
beardedbassguy

Registration date : 2014-11-05

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:41 pm

Oooooookkkaaaaaaayyyyyy.

We managed to dig through the rubble. I'm so overwhelmed, in more ways than one! Your generosity is such a blessing. I won't have to buy tobacco... maybe ever again. I'm honored to be a part of such a great community, and look forward to being around here for a long time.

Without further adieu, THE DAMAGE REPORT

5 bundles assorted pipe cleaners
1 8Deco bamboo tamper
1 MM Cobb
1 Savinelli straight billiard unfinished series, but custom finished
TINS
3x Sutliff Maple Street
1x Sutliff Barbados Plantation
1x Sutliff Black Swan
1x Sutliff County Cork
1x 2015 McClelland Holiday Spirit
1x Two Friends Celtic Mist
1x Kendal Rum Flake
1x Robert McConnell Glen Piper
1x SG Fire Dance Flake
1x Erinmore mixture
1x Blood Red Moon Cult
1x Hyde Park
1x Tsuge Summer Daydream
1x WO Larsen Selected Blend #80
1x Holger Danske Mango and Vanilla
1x Torben Dansk Blue Note
1x Villager 1888 After Dinner
1x Cup O Joe’s #1
1 pouch Sir Walter Raleigh
BULK
4 oz:
C&D Jamaican Rum
C&D Black Gold Maple
2 oz:
Cousin’s Orientals and VA
1.75 oz
Fourth Generation 1941
1.5 oz
Sutliff Maple Street
1 oz
Stokebye Peaches and Cream
Fort Ancient
Ault Park
McClelland Grey Haven’s
Sleepy Hallow
Mac Baren
Prairie Wind
Blue Note
Mac Baren VA #1
Trout Stream
Mac Baren Scottish Blend
New Minster Summer Round
Thomas’s Blend
Sawyer Point
Frank's Blend
Mountain Mall Mix
Park Lane Paramore
Mac Baren Burley London Blend
Outman Spiced Rum

OTHER BULK LOOSE
Tax Man Cometh
Black Cordial
Capt. Black Midnight Gold
Sutliff Great Outdoors
C&D Autumn Evening
Harvest on Hudson
#7 Mellow Nut
Spring Training
2x Reiner Professional Mixture
Burly and Black
Black Cavendish
Fire Dance Flake
Blue Note
El Nino
Cao Moontrance
Castello Sea Rock
Dan Tobacco Galway
WO Larsen LE 2015
Daily Grind
Peach Tree
Toffee
Ozark Blackberry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:08 pm

Goodness, my oh my, what a haul!

Well deserved..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:21 pm

I love bombing guys that don't smoke exactly the same stuff as me. I get to see so many blends I don't even know and there's certain no shortage on that list. I do hope you make some comments as you work through that over the next decade!

I got one of those 8deco tampers too which I thought was fairly elegant so I use it exclusively for my meerschaum. A match made in heaven. (I didn't send it, I'm just saying because I used mine yesterday.)

Enjoy it all, Brother!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:47 am

Yeah! I love those 8deco tampers too, very nifty tamps.

Congrats on the haul and have fun smoking your way out of that mess Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:18 am

We should figure out some standard number of bowls the basic "ounce" gives. Then maybe assign the user X number of bowls per day and ultimately be able to predict the number of days/weeks/years that a specific cache would last.

I once counted 17 bowls (for me) out of a 50 gm tin of Royal Yacht. My math shows that's 11 1/3 bowls per ounce...round down to 10 for a 'standard'. Extending that math can't really be done. I'm a one bowl per day guy any more...maybe two on the weekend...so 10 will last me a week. A guy like, say, Jimlnks as an example typically smokes in the range of thirty to forty...if the "What are you smoking now?" section here is to be believed.  lol But we all know ourselves, we can all figure what 10 bowls means on the calendar.

Anyway, for me again, we're looking at 1 oz per week. So that's 52 ounces per year...or  3 1/4 pounds. In Tins...2 weeks for each Tin...26 Tins a year.

Finally...it should be easy, if perhaps a bit tedious, to look at the stash sent to this month's target and come up with a total tobacco weight (TTW). In that way we can come to a keen understanding of just what we've done...as it would relate to each of us.

Anyone want to try and come up with a TTW estimate for his list? Me? A quick count yields about 75 ounces. So for me...that's equivalent to about THREE YEARS WORTH of smoking delight.

Pretty amazing, eh?

View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:33 am

Blackhorse wrote:
We should figure out some standard number of bowls the basic "ounce" gives. Then maybe assign the user X number of bowls per day and ultimately be able to predict the number of days/weeks/years that a specific cache would last.

I once counted 17 bowls (for me) out of a 50 gm tin of Royal Yacht. My math shows that's 11 1/3 bowls per ounce...round down to 10 for a 'standard'. Extending that math can't really be done. I'm a one bowl per day guy any more...maybe two on the weekend...so 10 will last me a week. A guy like, say, Jimlnks as an example typically smokes in the range of thirty to forty...if the "What are you smoking now?" section here is to be believed.  lol But we all know ourselves, we can all figure what 10 bowls means on the calendar.

Anyway, for me again, we're looking at 1 oz per week. So that's 52 ounces per year...or  3 1/4 pounds. In Tins...2 weeks for each Tin...26 Tins a year.

Finally...it should be easy, if perhaps a bit tedious, to look at the stash sent to this month's target and come up with a total tobacco weight (TTW). In that way we can come to a keen understanding of just what we've done...as it would relate to each of us.

Anyone want to try and come up with a TTW estimate for his list? Me? A quick count yields about 75 ounces. So for me...that's equivalent to about THREE YEARS WORTH of smoking delight.

Pretty amazing, eh?

Any who are members of Tobacco Cellar (and keep their list there up to date) have that done for them automatically. I currently have two years 10 months cellared by its estimation. . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:37 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

Pretty much for the purposes of figuring out bowls per unit measure, whatever, I go with three grams per bowl. That gives about 150 bowls from a pound or 3 bowls a day for a month. That three gram number works fairly well for me, although for a couple of days I was weighing pipes before and after loading to check and as you might imagine, it depends on the bowl size. If you are more of a 3/4 in bore billiard smoker, it might be more like 2.5 grams or even 2 as the average.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:05 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

Pretty amazing, eh?

A very well thought out analysis of use. I am about 3-4 bowls a week guy, but I plan to be more of a 10-12 a week guy when I retire. As far as my cellar goes, regardless of weight, I am maxed out on space. So aside from an occasional re-up on my favorites, I am done buying. Hopefully what I have on hand pays off. Now I just need to save up for a really nice easy-chair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:13 pm

Man, you guys are really tuned in. Idk what I smoke but I know it's slower than I've been acquiring it! Although the wife's schedule is changing so I'll have two less afternoons of baby duty. I hope to pick up two extra bowls a week!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:33 pm

juanmedusa wrote:
Man, you guys are really tuned in. Idk what I smoke but I know it's slower than I've been acquiring it! Although the wife's schedule is changing so I'll have two less afternoons of baby duty. I hope to pick up two extra bowls a week!

Don't get too comfortable, baby duty only becomes kiddo-duty and pretty soon they'll be lecturing you on the dangers of tobacco use. Razz

My girls are ages 7 & 10, the magical years. I can't get a word in, let alone a pipe in edge wise.. Thankfully I have been blessed with a fairly easy-going temperament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:17 pm

Stone the crows! When you see that in a list format that takes some scrolling to get to the bottom it really brings it home.

Great target, great haul, superbly executed!

Pip pip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:34 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
juanmedusa wrote:

Don't get too comfortable, baby duty only becomes kiddo-duty and pretty soon they'll be lecturing you on the dangers of tobacco use. Razz

My girls are ages 7 & 10, the magical years. I can't get a word in, let alone a pipe in edge wise.. Thankfully I have been blessed with a fairly easy-going temperament.

I don't really know what's in store for me then but I will be happy to get through the constant terror of the baby proof years. Elodie is pulling herself up on everything but isn't too steady. She's already smashed her forehead real good one time. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:41 pm

juanmedusa wrote:
I don't really know what's in store for me then but I will be happy to get through the constant terror of the baby proof years. Elodie is pulling herself up on everything but isn't too steady. She's already smashed her forehead real good one time. No

It only gets more fun, especially when the personalities begin to bubble up.

I gotta say though, I miss all the napping. Solid pipe-time right there. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:44 pm

My four year old asked me when he could get his own pipe. I told him I'd get him one when he had a mustache. He went and grabbed the one off mr potato head lol.

On a side note I had a lot of fun with this one bc I don't smoke aromatics very often. I got some when I got bombed and have been trying them here and there in the evenings. Trying to get into a different mindset insofar as tobacco for this was a bit tricky. All I know is l hate cherry haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
beardedbassguy

Registration date : 2014-11-05

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:47 pm

It's not over yet!!!!

A very nice pipe by our own Boulder and Briar. Love the shape, and it's incredibly light weight.

TINS

2 Friends Celtic Mist
Solani Festival
Peterson Sherlock Holmes

BULK

4 oz Trout Steam
1 oz Lane black raspberry
Constant Companion
Castle Kildare (which smells INCREDIBLE)

I'm seriously overwhelmed. You all have made me feel very blessed. Thank you all so very very much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:36 pm

That Briar is a Princely gift. I just took possession of one of his and it is FINE, to say the least.

View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber   Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:57 pm

By my way of thinking, that pipe is perfect. I like to pack my aros somewhat loose and use a taller bowl for a nice leisurely aro smoke. And from one of our resident artisans to boot! You lucky dog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

September BoB Bombing Run :: September Slumber
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next