HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Dunhill Ready Rubbed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
"sam"

Registration date : 2012-09-07

PostSubject: Dunhill Ready Rubbed   Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:40 pm

I just purchased a tin and have only smoked a few bowls, but so far it reminds me of a Dutch Cavendish like Skandinavik regular, with a hint of berry flavor. Anyone else tried this? How does it compare to the new Three Year Aged Virginia?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Ready Rubbed   Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:49 pm

sam wrote:
I just purchased a tin and have only smoked a few bowls, but so far it reminds me of a Dutch Cavendish like Skandinavik regular, with a hint of berry flavor. Anyone else tried this? How does it compare to the new Three Year Aged Virginia?

Are you comparing this to the Three Year MATURED Va ? If so, it's a straight blend of aged matured Va's with NO flavoring/topping. Just straight Va's!! I now smoke allot of it but haven't tried any of the new Ready Rubbed yet. Smoked some when Murray made it and it was a nice Va forward Aro but not in my wheelhouse at the time. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
"sam"

Registration date : 2012-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Ready Rubbed   Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:26 pm

Yes, that's what I meant, I plan on trying it but I think it's still only available at smokingpipes and I haven't gotten around to placing an order and my local tobacconist had Ready Rubbed in stock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Ready Rubbed   Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:04 am

For me, the Dunny Three Year old Matured virginia (Murray era as in '00/01) had a distinct character of grape, as in Ne-Hi grape soda. No necessarily strident, but it was there in aces and spades. Interestingly enough I liked it and still do, and I'm not even an aro guy! I've not had the present iteration.

And Monbla will be along anytime to correct me on my history of this blend, as he's done in the past.

Razz 

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Ready Rubbed   Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:33 am

I have bought both...but have not tried them yet.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Ready Rubbed   Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:59 am

Brewdude wrote:
For me, the Dunny Three Year old Matured virginia (Murray era as in '00/01) had a distinct character of grape, as in Ne-Hi grape soda. No necessarily strident, but it was there in aces and spades. Interestingly enough I liked it and still do, and I'm not even an aro guy! I've not had the present iteration.

And Monbla will be along anytime to correct me on my history of this blend, as he's done in the past.

Razz 

Cheers,

RR

No need to correct you as the old Murray blend (Three Year) was flavored but not this "new" one!! It's MUCH better to my tastes !! And as I said, I've not tried the new version of the Ready Rubbed Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Ready Rubbed   Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:36 am

Maybe Jim Inks has a review up somewhere(?). I'd love to hear his take on it.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Ready Rubbed   Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:32 pm

OT, but I think there's a topping on the new Three Year Matured, though it's much more subtle than the old one. I agree with JimInks that it is vaguely Royal Yacht-ish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Dunhill Ready Rubbed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1