HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

BJ Long

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bugsahearn

Registration date : 2015-02-05

PostSubject: BJ Long   Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:31 pm

Hey anyone noticed how much BJ long pipe cleaners suck? They literally cover everything with little white particles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: BJ Long   Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:50 pm

There does seem to be a lessening of the overall quality of the last batch I've gotten of them. I get the open bundles of 56 ( used to be 60) and haven't tried the packs of 100 in the plastic bag. There might be some difference. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Bugsahearn

PostSubject: Re: BJ Long   Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:08 pm

monbla256 wrote:
There does seem to be a lessening of the overall quality of the last batch I've gotten of them. I get the open bundles of 56 ( used to be 60) and haven't tried the packs of 100 in the plastic bag. There might be some difference. Twisted Evil

I found the same with the 100 pack as the bundles. I couldn't believe they way they coat my entire room with white "snow". I can only imagine how much gets into the pipe and gets sucked into my mouth and lungs yuck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: BJ Long   Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:10 pm

get the 50 foot rolls and the only time I have issues is at the cuts I make and if I twist the cleaners the wrong direction to untwist the cleaners. Then yah, it snows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: BJ Long   Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:54 pm

Yes, suck, they do, and big time. Brigham's pipe cleaners seem to be also in the same league. I had to stop buying them because they jammed the stem of one of my pipes. Trying to clear the airway, the fricking stem cracked (the pipe was almost new) and had to get a new stem.
Dill's are much more expensive but I find they are much better, so far. So I recommend them for discriminatng pipe smokers.
Back to top Go down
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: BJ Long   Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:02 pm

I use Randy's claeners from Low Bob's. They seem to hold together pretty well, and they are a bargain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: BJ Long   Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:04 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: BJ Long   Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:56 pm

They are no doubt trying to reduce manufacturing costs, but I would rather pay double for a quality pipe cleaner than deal with the fuzzies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: BJ Long   Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:47 am

Bugsahearn wrote:
Hey anyone noticed how much BJ long pipe cleaners suck? They literally cover everything with little white particles.

This is why I use Dill's. They cost a little more but in my opinion they're worth it. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bugsahearn

PostSubject: Re: BJ Long   Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:02 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
Bugsahearn wrote:

This is why I use Dill's. They cost a little more but in my opinion they're worth it. Smile

AJ

I thought so too but I recently got some and they were snowing quite a bit more than I'd remembered them doing, although the particles were smaller than the BJ's. The thing is they aren't as stiff as the BJ Long's either so it's harder to put them through a pipe without them bending up on you
Back to top Go down
View user profile

BJ Long
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Tobacciana & Accessories-
Jump to: