HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Christmas Cheer arrival in September

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

Christmas Cheer arrival in September - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cheer arrival in September   Christmas Cheer arrival in September - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 8:17 pm

I have been using short bowled 'seconds' I make (and am too embarrassed to market) for sampling purposes. My Better Half's eyebrow tends to crawl up into her hairline when I buy pipes...... (And I just grabbed Blackhorse's Falcons for my Christmas present). So, I will wait for the clay..

There's a sale on a pair of these. Pretty cool/funky...

http://shop.pipeshoppe.com/product/marbled-clay-combo/

When I sell a peace pipe I'm working on for an officer in LRAFB I'll have the funds to warrant those clays. No glaze on the mouthpieces, but I could throw a clear glaze there and quick fire it in.....

ANYWAY, I'm off to smoke some Christmas Cheer. Had to go to Springfield (big city) for my monthly provisions, and holiday drivers are out in force. Time to pry the pug off my chest and go outside for a quiet evening puff...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cheer arrival in September   Christmas Cheer arrival in September - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 6:14 pm

Stumbled into my local B&M today and found a tin of 2013 Christmas Cheer. Lucky me. I now have at least one tin from 2010 on. I will be opening the 2010 either this weekend or sometime next week.. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cheer arrival in September   Christmas Cheer arrival in September - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 7:03 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Stumbled into my local B&M today and found a tin of 2013 Christmas Cheer. Lucky me. I now have at least one tin from 2010 on. I will be opening the 2010 either this weekend or sometime next week.. Cool

Sweet! Nice score!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cheer arrival in September   Christmas Cheer arrival in September - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 8:32 pm

It always pays to visit the local brick and mortar. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cheer arrival in September   Christmas Cheer arrival in September - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 5:25 am

DrumsAndBeer wrote:

Chris, I was up in Chicagoland in the spring of 2014, and had a breakdown with some time to kill. I found a Greek restaurant in a strip center within walking distance, and decided to walk down the street and have lunch. As I am approaching the strip center, I can see that there is also a smoke shop a few doors down from the restaurant.

As you can imagine, my eyebrows hit the area that used to be my hairline.

So I go inside, and this place does have a walk in humidor, but they have a bunch of pot pipes and hookahs as well. I did see a nice selection of meerschaum pipes in the glass case, so I inquired about tin tobacco. The guy had 3 tins, one Margate, and two 100 gram tins of Golden Sliced. Both had more dust on them than a casket in a Dracula movie. They were marked at a very fair price from years past, and the shopkeeper looked relieved to be rid of them.

Nowdays, I never avoid headshops. If it says smoke shop, I'm going in, hoping I can find a gem or three.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cheer arrival in September   Christmas Cheer arrival in September - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 1:04 pm

Sounds like a right place at the right time situation. The only pipe tobacco I have ever come across in a "smoke shop" is Captain Black or Borkum Riff. That's a terrific score though, especially the aged tin of Margate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clay

Clay

Registration date : 2012-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cheer arrival in September   Christmas Cheer arrival in September - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 2:23 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:

tgilt gifted me a tin from 2011 a few years ago, next year I plan on giving CC my first try. At the time it seemed like it would take forever
to get 2016. I have picked up a tin every year since, I'll open a tin every year after that, and if I don't like it, well, gifts!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitobi

kitobi

Registration date : 2015-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Cheer arrival in September   Christmas Cheer arrival in September - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 2:00 pm

got some Samuel gawith christmas mixture, never tried Christmas cheer.

we have several B+M opened here, but none of them sell tobacco or anything to do with them, so jealous about the variety you get to choose from that's not heard of here. you could open an American import business here in the UK and make a killing lol...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Christmas Cheer arrival in September
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2