HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.    Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:40 am

I know y'all have heard the news.  This hits too close to home on multiple levels. Trooper Ponder is a local kid and will be buried 10-15 minutes from my home.

Trooper Joseph Ponder.   A missing thread in The Thin Grey Line.

picture share

host images

I grew up in a KSP house. This is My Uncle, Dallas Belile. KSP 546 Formerly of KSP Post 10/12. Retired to a Marshall position in Arizona where he passed on a few years back.  One of many in my family that live/d the Badge.  

imagehost
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.    Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:08 pm

Back in my younger days, anyone killing a police officer got a quick trial followed by a quicker trip to the "chair!!" Same for rape. May this young man rest in Honorable Peace Sad Sad FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.    Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:47 am

The first thought that comes to mind, is that I cannot believe this thread has 75 views, and only 1 comment. scratch

The average citizen has no idea how many times a trooper has saved their life, through preventive action.

When it comes to the big picture, that is what their job is, to save lives on the highways.

I'm happy to hear that the suspect gave those fellow troopers just cause to save the taxpayers a few dollars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.    Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:32 am

Its hard to say anything Dutch.  

I have a lot of family and even a few friends in the business.  It's scary, and heartbreaking, and scary.. Our officers are hesitating while having Bullseyes on them.

Trooper Ponder was giving him a break, getting him a hotel room instead of arresting him... Why did he do this?  

free upload pictures
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.    Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:56 pm

The world has become a scary place for law enforcement especially the last few years, and I believe politicians and the media share the blame. Both of my brothers were in law enforcement, and both retired now thankfully.

RIP Trooper Ponder.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.    Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:16 pm

A noble man has lost his life in the line of duty, how sad and it's a shame. What I don't uderstand is where is the outrage by the press and public? A policeman shoots a man in self defence, the race card gets played, cities burn while the press continues to incite the public with their skewed reporting. I'm not for burning cities but this Trooper's life was lost when he was gunned down in cold blood and the press has hardly condemned the action. Yes the Law Enforcement Community has cried out over a fallen Brother but the press nor the public has shown the anger and outrage over this man's killing like they did when an officer shot and killed a man self defence and they weren't supporting the officer whose life had been in danger. No they were crying out for the poor misguided disadvantaged criminal. Can someone tell me why? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

AJ

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.    Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:33 pm

Another sad example of a systemic problem in this country. Acceptance of violence as a norm on BOTH sides of some very deep racial/social issue. And sadly until we truly CHANGE things, this sort of thing will continue. It doesn't need to be this way, but till we as a society decide to address these problems TRUTHFULLY, I'm afraid we will see more of this sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.    Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Another cop shot in Phoenix today. (vest saved him)
We lost at least three in Louisiana this year.
Their job gets more difficult and dangerous every day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.    Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Just catching up with the news, PB. I don't know if it's KY tradition, but I hope he gets a highway named for him. These names need to be remembered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.    Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:17 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
A noble man has lost his life in the line of duty, how sad and it's a shame. What I don't uderstand is where is the outrage by the press and public? A policeman shoots a man in self defence, the race card gets played, cities burn while the press continues to incite the public with their skewed reporting. I'm not for burning cities but this Trooper's life was lost when he was gunned down in cold blood and the press has hardly condemned the action. Yes the Law Enforcement Community has cried out over a fallen Brother but the press nor the public has shown the anger and outrage over this man's killing like they did when an officer shot and killed a man self defence and they weren't supporting the officer whose life had been in danger. No they were crying out for the poor misguided disadvantaged criminal. Can someone tell me why?  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

AJ

AJ, my opinion on what you are asking, is that in a nutshell, the media generally reports from a liberal viewpoint, and when any issue concerning race can be reported, they love to pour gas on an already raging fire.

The federal government should take issue with this type reporting, because of the added dissention it creates. It has become common nowdays for reporters and journalists to chime in their 2 cents on an issue, and that is not their job. Their job is simply to report the facts, which they know for certain to be true.

Whatever happened to the federal government deciding to keep from the general public information that they decided we couldn't handle without acting like children?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.    Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:44 pm

Imo it's the federal government that is pouring the most gasoline on racial fires. The media does their share of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.    Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:21 pm

I figured I'd share this since I shared the beginning.  

My brother  3 cars back from Trooper Ponder's hearse.  
The train literally stretched for miles... And the streets and highways were lined for almost the entirety of the trek.  I didn't get to see it in person, can't get out of bed today, but I understand it to have simultaneously been the saddest and most awe inspiring thing many had ever witnessed.  One news lady said it was 'beautiful, but so hard to watch'.

host image

This was from the end of the procession, I do not know the officers name that shared it.

temp image upload
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.    Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:22 am

When I first saw Trooper Ponder's picture, I thought, "I knew this guy". But I cannot for the life of me think from where.

Very sad.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.    Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:49 am

He was way younger than you or I Carlos..

And possibly every cop car in Ky.
image upload no registration
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.    Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:10 am

No words can express what I feel in my heart for this tragic event.

No Cheers, no emoticons

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com

Trooper Ponder KSP 954 Post 1 Mayfield.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1