HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

GLP Triple Play

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: GLP Triple Play   Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:14 pm

I'm thoroughly enjoying this blend lately. I have a tin that is relatively fresh and can only imagine what a little age would do for this blend. There is a lot going on here(flavor wise) and not to mention the punch it has if you're not careful. This is truly one of my sit back and relax smokes, as I sip it nice and slow. Burns well, and delivers an array of flavors notably the Kentucky and Perique while the Virginia's meld the two together. Ah, wish I had enough time on my lunch break... Until tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:28 pm

This was sent to me on a Bombing and to tell ya the truth I've never liked GLP blends.
Although, this one is surprisingly an exception to the rule and I like it so much that I bought two more tins of it. The tin smell reminds me of hickory smoked bacon in a way, probably why I like it. What guy can refuse Bacon? But, Shhh! Don't tell GLP, I don't want'em to get s big head or anything. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:29 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
This was sent to me on a Bombing and to tell ya the truth I've never liked GLP blends.
Although, this one is surprisingly an exception to the rule and I like it so much that I bought two more tins of it. The tin smell reminds me of hickory smoked bacon in a way, probably why I like it. What guy can refuse Bacon? But, Shhh! Don't tell GLP, I don't want'em to get s big head or anything. Wink

Lol. I feel the same way... GLP blends(that I've tried) were never winners for me, but this one is nice. It has a certain something I keep coming back to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:51 pm

First off, I'm not a big fan of plugs but when a friend gave me a tin of this back in '12 I went ahead and thought I'd try it anyway. As with most of Greg's blends, it's got lots of Perique in it, he LOVES the stuff, and the Burley only added to my problems with it !! Too much Burley in a blend will cause me major nasal problems and this stuff did that !! All in all it was ANOTHER GLP disappointment for me! After trying to get through two bowls of the stuff, I ended up giving the rest away!! JMHO Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:21 pm

monbla256 wrote:
First off, I'm not a big fan of plugs but when a friend gave me a tin of this back in '12 I went ahead and thought I'd try it anyway. As with most of Greg's blends, it's got lots of Perique in it, he LOVES the stuff, and the Burley only added to my problems with it !! Too much Burley in a blend will cause me major nasal problems and this stuff did that !! All in all it was ANOTHER GLP disappointment for me!  After trying to get through two bowls of the stuff, I ended up giving the rest away!! JMHO Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

That's too bad sir, it's the 1st I've I even liked of his, sorry you can't enjoy it with me. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glpease
Dark Lord

Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:03 pm

monbla256 wrote:
As with most of Greg's blends, it's got lots of Perique in it, he LOVES the stuff

Most? In the current catalogue, 16 have perique, 20 have none...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.glpease.com
tslots

Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:20 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
"sam"

Registration date : 2012-09-07

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:09 pm

I want to try Triple Play and Cumberland as I really enjoyed the tin of JackKnife Plug RR I had, just haven't gotten around to them yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:27 pm

sam wrote:
I want to try Triple Play and Cumberland as I really enjoyed the tin of JackKnife Plug RR I had, just haven't gotten around to them yet.

I think you'll enjoy TP. Initially, I wasn't too sure of the VA GLP blends, but TP is fast becoming one of my favorites. I save it for those occassions when I have nothing to do but enjoy my pipe. I have Telegraph Hill on my next order, can't wait.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:52 am

I am a Triple Play fan. I've always enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:55 am

juanmedusa wrote:

Then I bet your the culprit that sent it to me then. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:47 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
juanmedusa wrote:

Then I bet your the culprit that sent it to me then. Suspect

If it came with x, y, and z then yes! My memory is not so good in this first year with the baby. I remember much of the ingredients in that bomb and it sounds like me to put that one in there with the other stuff but I can't remember 100% and don't want to take credit for someone else's goodwill. I'll pm you X,y, and z and we'll see how good your memory is. confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:48 pm

I have to admit to not having much experience with Triple Play, yet. That will change given time.

I love it when Greg steps in and sets us back on the path. You never know who is watching. Cool

I believe we really are in a golden age of pipe smoking. Perhaps the 2nd or 3rd golden age. The amount of condiment tobaccos may not be as extensive as in the past. But the processes being done with what we have to work with are producing some amazing blends. Never did I think those early thin and crumbly slices coming out of North Carolina would lead to so much unique and smokable weed.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:31 am

I have 2 tins of Triple Play that are aging. For those who have tried it, would it be reasonable to suppose that it has less DFK that Jackknife's Plug? I thought the latter had a bit too much DFK for my liking, so I'm hoping Triple Play is less DFK in your face.
Back to top Go down
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:43 am

Guyrox wrote:
I have 2 tins of Triple Play that are aging. For those who have tried it, would it be reasonable to suppose that it has less DFK that Jackknife's Plug? I thought the latter had a bit too much DFK for my liking, so I'm hoping Triple Play is less DFK in your face.

I would say yes. I believe it to have less DFK. I don't know the proportions but it reads as less to me in the pipe smoke, the plug is visually less dark than JKP. And it's my impression that the guys that prefer the JKP do so for the DFK. Based on your impression of JKP, it sounds like Triple Play will suit you better. Let us know when you get to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:51 am

juanmedusa wrote:
Guyrox wrote:

I would say yes. I believe it to have less DFK. I don't know the proportions but it reads as less to me in the pipe smoke, the plug is visually less dark than JKP. And it's my impression that the guys that prefer the JKP do so for the DFK. Based on your impression of JKP, it sounds like Triple Play will suit you better. Let us know when you get to it.
Thanks, bud. Ok, so it's really all about the VA and PER, then. I will report for review duty with great pleasure when I get to it, Juan, but bare with me because it may take a while. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:11 am

I haven't tried the Triple Play, but I really dig the JackKnife Plug. It's not full bodied IMO, but it makes for a fantastic first pipe of the day.

I like the preparation, and the thought of smoking plug tobacco in a cob, like some pipe smoker did 100 years ago.

I don't want to get so romantic though, that I start stuffing my cob with Days Work or Cannon Ball! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: GLP Triple Play   Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:28 am

Triple Play is like JKP's friendlier easier going cousin for those who don't get along with the forceful bluntness of JKP, have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the last bit of Triple Play I had but that was quite some months ago now, have to remedy that some day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

GLP Triple Play
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1