HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

talk to me about McC royal Cajun blends please.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tarheel7734

Registration date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: talk to me about McC royal Cajun blends please.   Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:52 pm

These blends have intrigued me since introduction, but have not had a chance to try them yet. From what I have heard, they take va tobacco and smoke it then age in barrels like perique. If this is true it sounds like a perfect marriage of Paramus and perique. How is it? How different are the 3 varieties? Would love to hear what you guys have to say about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: talk to me about McC royal Cajun blends please.   Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:37 pm

Here's a thread on the blend where I asked the same question.....

http://www.brothersofbriar.com/t30600-mcclelland-royal-cajun-series?highlight=royal+cajun
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tarheel7734

PostSubject: Re: talk to me about McC royal Cajun blends please.   Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:45 pm

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: talk to me about McC royal Cajun blends please.   Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:45 pm

I like the Ebony best, dark, tangy/sweet, good burner, no bite.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: talk to me about McC royal Cajun blends please.   Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:53 am

I got two aged tins of that stuff awhile ago. I sent one along with a package to a brother that deals with bulk leaf. I thought it'd be good to add a tobacco with a unique processing to someone that processes their own leaf. I haven't opened the other one. 5)
I got bombed so hard I haven't opened a tin for any other purpose than jarring since the end of last year. But I'm going to pop a couple soon. If you want a sample of that one, pm me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: talk to me about McC royal Cajun blends please.   Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:37 pm

As I recall, I did not like the taste.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: talk to me about McC royal Cajun blends please.   Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:19 am

I've been wanting to dive into this series as well... Some day I'll get around to ordering some.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: talk to me about McC royal Cajun blends please.   Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:28 am

I've tried Ebony, I think. Meh...But I might not be absolutely objective as my main grievance against all McClelland blends I've tried (over 30 for sure) is their significant lack of Vitamin N. Which made me completely give up on them abut 3 to 4 years ago.
Back to top Go down
tarheel7734

PostSubject: Re: talk to me about McC royal Cajun blends please.   Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:40 pm

Guyrox wrote:
I've tried Ebony, I think. Meh...But I might not be absolutely objective as my main grievance against all McClelland blends I've tried (over 30 for sure) is their significant lack of Vitamin N. Which made me completely give up on them abut 3 to 4 years ago.
Fortunate for me I dont smoke for the nicotine. I just smoke for the flavor of the tobacco and could care less if it has any nic in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: talk to me about McC royal Cajun blends please.   Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:46 pm

tarheel7734 wrote:
Guyrox wrote:
Fortunate for me I dont smoke for the nicotine. I just smoke for the flavor of the tobacco and could care less if it has any nic in it.

I second that, but also wish I could stand face-to-face with Lady N without trembling when she gets serious. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: talk to me about McC royal Cajun blends please.   Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:55 pm

tarheel7734 wrote:
Guyrox wrote:

I must be somewhere in between you two. I plan for the occasion low nicotine pipe smoke but those are far fewer than the bowls I expect to scratch the itch. But on the other hand, I have success with several McC's. So in the middle I guess. We'll see how the Royal Cajun strikes me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: talk to me about McC royal Cajun blends please.   Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:02 pm

tarheel7734 wrote:
Guyrox wrote:
Then you're good to try all the McClellands. I must have nicotine and flavour in a pipeful.
Back to top Go down
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: talk to me about McC royal Cajun blends please.   Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:40 pm

Been smoking the "special" version and I got to say that I quite like it. It's niche for me but I like it. I wouldn't have it as my one daily bowl but as a non biting mellow smoke before or after another bowl it's quite nice. I like the flavor though it's mild on the tongue. I get more through the nose or at the back of the throat when clenching. It's not as monumental as one might hope based on the novelty of leaf and process but if you put that out of mind it smokes great. All that said, I don't normally have sequential pipes quickly so the niche this is filling for me probably won't warrant repeat purchase. But if I do come into it again I'll know what to do. Smoke it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

talk to me about McC royal Cajun blends please.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1