HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:13 pm

I believe this is my 17th attempt at making a pipe, I could be wrong but, at this point whats the purpose of counting? Someone like the last pipe so much they asked if I do another. Sadly I don't take commissions because of the pressure I put upon myself, so I take suggestions Wink as a means of pipe making practice.
Anyway, I'm sure I'm boring you all already so here it is, another Cutty with plateau top made from Algerian Briar with a hand cut (not twisted) black acrylic stem. It measures 7" long and from foot to top of bowl is 2-1/2". The bowl is 1-1/2" wide with a 3/4" dia. chamber 1-1/4" deep.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:23 pm

Cutty's aren't my thing as you'll know Ron, but that certainly turned out nice. How you go about spiraling that stem by hand is waaay beyond my comprehension. Looks like it was done on a CNC!

Cool 

Cheers,

RR

x 2x 6  
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Great work Ron, what a beauty. Just stunning sir!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Thanks guys The twist look in the stem was done by a MTLH..........................My Two Little Hands.
Back to top Go down
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:49 pm

Once again Ron, a PHENOMINAL piece of work !!!! Twisted Evil Those hand cut "twisty" bits you are doing could become a signature of your work !! Once again, YA DONE GOOD GUY !! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:40 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Once again Ron, a PHENOMINAL piece of work !!!! Twisted Evil  Those hand cut "twisty" bits you are doing could become a signature of your work !! Once again, YA DONE GOOD GUY !! cheers cheers

Thank you sir But, I don't know if I want that twist to become my signature, they aint that easy. Wink
Back to top Go down
allyby

Registration date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:17 pm

I must admit I'm not a Cutty lover or a Plateau lover Ron but I admire the work and esp the skills that went in to making this pipe, your doing a great job and I love the Twisted stem, it's what makes this so different from other pipes.

Keep up the good work my friend.. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:46 pm

What can I say? I loved the last Cutty you posted Ron and this one is even prettier

Adam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:51 pm

Thanks again Guys And this one is even Pit-less. Wink
Back to top Go down
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:26 pm

Superb pipe you made there Ron, the finish looks as professional as ever, and the stem treatment is pretty stylish. Great looking pipe, keep up the good work it looks like you are having fun and that's what it's all about.
cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:49 pm

my God, that is fracking beautiful!

Looking at it makes my pants a little tighter............

If you ever get tired of looking at it, I'll hide it for you................

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:15 pm

Thank you Doc and OW you guys are very kind

Doc, that's certainly what it's all about, having fun and seeing if I can achieve what I started.
When it stops being fun and self satisfying is when I stop mak'en em!Wink

OW, thanks for the offer but, this one sold before I could even post it in the Trading Post. Wink
Back to top Go down
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:17 pm

You've done it again Ron, another absolute stunner of a pipe. That stem is just gorgeous.

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:19 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
Thank you Doc and OW you guys are very kind

Doc, that's certainly what it's all about, having fun and seeing if I can achieve what I started.
When it stops being fun and self satisfying is when I stop mak'en em!Wink

OW, thanks for the offer but, this one sold before I could even post it in the Trading Post. Wink

I don't doubt that for a second. That's a sweetie!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:24 pm

Timbo wrote:
You've done it again Ron, another absolute stunner of a pipe. That stem is just gorgeous.

Cheers

Tim

Thank you Tim!
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:39 pm

So...having carved about 50 canes and walking sticks with a spiral shaft or handle...for me it involved careful measuring and layout, a fine tooth small Japanese pull saw and very well honed chisels (well, it WAS wood) and a cool Japanese acid etched half round carving file...super sharp and smooth. Then hours and hours of smooth careful filing...and filing...and filing. Good for the soul.

So...given the above often mind numbing experience...I totally salute you! That's a really fine stem on a very sweet pipe. Kudos!

cheers cheers cheers

ETC., ETC., ETC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:48 am

Thank you BH And yes, after the filing, it's sanding , and sanding, and more sanding. It's real good for the finger prints, as I hardly have any anymore.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:52 am

I assume you wrap sandpaper around a dowl.

ETC., ETC., ETC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:59 am

Blackhorse wrote:
I assume you wrap sandpaper around a dowl.

Yes sir, but anything else is proprietary
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:35 am

Even the chainsaw?

ETC., ETC., ETC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RDPipes

PostSubject: Re: My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think   Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:48 am

Blackhorse wrote:
Even the chainsaw?

Even the chainsaw
Back to top Go down

My 17th? pipe......I lost count already.....I think
Page 1 of 1