HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Replicating Van Nelle's zware blend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zeed

Registration date : 2015-09-18

PostSubject: Replicating Van Nelle's zware blend   Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi guys, first post here.

I was wondering if you guys could help me conduct an experiment. I am a big fan of Van Nelle's RYO zware shag blend. I understand this blend has got some fire cured Kentucky, Latakia and air cured Paraguaian tobacco, but I don't know much else (like the proportions). I would like to replicate, to some degree, the flavour and fullness of Van Nelle's blend. Could you point me to some brands, blends, and websites I might be able to get the tobacco from. I was just abount to get a few ounces of McConell's bulk Latakia, Kentucky as well as Cornell & Diehl's Bulk Latakia. I am specially lost regarding the air-cured Paragay tobacco, if you have any idea wherer can I get some, or what might be a good substitute, it'll be apreciated.

Regards
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Replicating Van Nelle's zware blend   Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:13 pm

I'm at a loss here but welcome you and am thrilled to see your first post is deeply tobacco centric. Blending Paraguayan sounds like the tough one to me. Perhaps you could find it or a substitute at one of the whole leaf websites. Some here know much more about that than me. Also, I know nothing about a recipe for that product, sorry. But good luck, forever onward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Replicating Van Nelle's zware blend   Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:31 pm

Either you're looking for Habano Viso or Mata Fina. Both are primarily grown in Brazil, but as Paraguay shares a border, it is most likely these two you might be looking for...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Replicating Van Nelle's zware blend
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1