HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)   Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:15 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)   Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:50 am

I think I've been to that pub. If I'm not mistaken that's the Twisted Oak in Ide. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)   Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:51 am

Is that you on the far left, Rob?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)   Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:03 am

George Kaplan wrote:
Is that you on the far left, Rob?

No, he's the "old one" at the end of the table looking at his pipe !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)   Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:01 am

Rob_In_MO wrote:

Not that ot matters but I have to agree.  Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)   Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:36 am

I know there's not a brass pole anywhere close by, or they wouldn't be looking at each other!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)   Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:10 pm

Brings back lots of good memories Laughing I need to visit our family in the Mother Country and update my pub "currency!!" drunken drunken cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)   Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:32 pm

indeed.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)   Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:57 pm

Looks to be just my kind of local.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that pub is in Erie, not the UK.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)   Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:42 am

Go for it Rande, what makes you say that? I've been pondering where it could be too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)   Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:40 am

Stick wrote:
Go for it Rande, what makes you say that?  I've been pondering where it could be too.

First, they're all drinking pints of the black stuff. Could be Guinness. Second, several of the chaps just look Irish - including and especially the one standing on the top left.

However.....

Could also be a workingman's pub in the North of England, say coal country. Hence the flat caps of the workingman, and perhaps pints of dark Mild. The Black & White poster is blended Whisky from Scotland, which may not have been popular in Eire, so that might contradict my prior theory. Plus there's a Bass Ale decoration in the cabinet. The large poster on the upper right reveals no secrets as the rest of the wording is cut off.

Despite all that my gut tells me it's a pub somewhere in rural Ireland. Or I could be just talking whole loads of bollocks!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)   Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:00 am

Brewdude wrote:
Stick wrote:
Go for it Rande, what makes you say that?  I've been pondering where it could be too.

First, they're all drinking pints of the black stuff. Could be Guinness. Second, several of the chaps just look Irish - including and especially the one standing on the top left.

However.....

Could also be a workingman's pub in the North of England, say coal country. Hence the flat caps of the workingman, and perhaps pints of dark Mild. The Black & White poster is blended Whisky from Scotland, which may not have been popular in Eire, so that might contradict my prior theory. Plus there's a Bass Ale decoration in the cabinet. The large poster on the upper right reveals no secrets as the rest of the wording is cut off.

Despite all that my gut tells me it's a pub somewhere in rural Ireland. Or I could be just talking whole loads of bollocks!

Granted, the caption might not match the photo, but 'craic' rather implies ireland
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)   Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:14 am

DrT999 wrote:
Granted, the caption might not match the photo, but 'craic' rather implies ireland

Admittedly, i'm puzzled by it's origin as well.  I wish the scanned image's quality would've been good enough to really zoom in on some of the other decorations/signs/etc.

Regardless, I believe it would've been a great place to visit, hang out, smoke a bowl or 2, and have a drink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)   Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Stick wrote:
I think I've been to that pub. If I'm not mistaken that's the Twisted Oak in Ide. Wink

Nay, nay mate. Tha's t' Buggered Ploughman joost outside Great Shagging. Right along the B road tha knows.

drunken

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)   Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:07 pm

Will noo, yah dinna ken say from whence the photo heralds, en should the pints be tainted thy balance may be a cream stout if ill repute, such be the like of Watney's, er I may add, Mactarnahan's....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1