HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Esoterica Ramsgate

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 10:59 am

Available at Mars - $24.50 for 8 oz bag.

One of Esoterica's best blends.

http://www.marscigars.com/esoterica-ramsgate.aspx

Esoterica Ramsgate D6bddf10Esoterica Ramsgate 29400910Esoterica Ramsgate 114e6110Esoterica Ramsgate Ddb39b10Esoterica Ramsgate Cf77ce10Esoterica Ramsgate Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 12:28 pm

I got a vintage half pounder from Pipestud not too long ago so I'm going to miss this time. The Blackhorse led box pass changed my life by introducing me to this blend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 1:56 pm

How strong is the licorice topping?Is it a mild blend, strong blend, etc.?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 2:35 pm

That aspect of the topping is melded into the other flavors used and, to me, is not predominant.

Esoterica Ramsgate D6bddf10Esoterica Ramsgate 29400910Esoterica Ramsgate 114e6110Esoterica Ramsgate Ddb39b10Esoterica Ramsgate Cf77ce10Esoterica Ramsgate Dd692012
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 2:58 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
That aspect of the topping is melded into the other flavors used and, to me, is not predominant.

Thanks. Nice to know, though I'm not going to buy a bag to find out if I like it. Licorice is good in small doses for me, but I dunno if I'd finish a bag within a reasonable period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 3:00 pm

I don't even get liquorice from it. To me it's more like very fresh Stonehaven, juicy and on a Friday night toot. Or something. I find it absolutely delicious.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 5:04 pm

OK you enablers, I just ordered a bag.

Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 5:30 pm

And...you'll never find Esoterica cheaper than Mars.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:17 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
And...you'll never find Esoterica cheaper than Mars.
 Very true, but I don't want to buy a bag and discover I didn't like it. I have to be careful with my purchases these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:38 pm

Don't get me wrong. I'm not lobbying you to buy some. I'm just praising Mike over at Mars for keeping his prices within reason. There are likely other guys out there that might like some. It may be the first time I've held off in a long while...got more of this blend in stock than any other blend.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 10:01 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I'm not lobbying you to buy some. I'm just praising Mike over at Mars for keeping his prices within reason. There are likely other guys out there that might like some. It may be the first time I've held off in a long while...got more of this blend in stock than any other blend.

The prices at Mars for Esoterica are fair and honest. Wish all places were like that. Btw, I know you weren't trying to talk me into buying a bag. I was just explaining why I wasn't buying it since we were having the conversation, though perhaps I'll get to try it some time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:14 am

JimInks wrote:
... perhaps I'll get to try it some time.

Jim, PM me your mailing addy, when my bag comes in I'd be glad to send you some Smile

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:22 am

I bought an 8oz bag and am really looking forward to try it, based on the comments. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:53 am

Guyrox wrote:
I bought an 8oz bag and am really looking forward to try it, based on the comments. Very Happy

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. We tend to like stronger tobacco and not crazy big chambers. For me, Ramsgate isn't as strong nicotine wise as some of my go to blends but still clears the hurdle and tastes great. I think I'll try some in my Savinelli 621 next and see how it likes a tapered bowl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 1:13 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
JimInks wrote:

Jim, PM me your mailing addy, when my bag comes in I'd be glad to send you some Smile

I appreciate the offer, Puff, but another forum member PM'd me already with the same offer. I thank you for thinking of me. It's really cool how people step up to do things like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 1:19 pm

I think we'll all be interested in what our resident never unlit puffer thinks of it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

juanmedusa

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 1:27 pm

JimInks wrote:
Puff Daddy wrote:
JimInks wrote:

I appreciate the offer, Puff, but another forum member PM'd me already with the same offer. I thank you for thinking of me. It's really cool how people step up to do things like this.

A feast of generosity. Excellent news. We'll look forward to your impressions of this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
I think we'll all be interested in what our resident never unlit puffer thinks of it.
 "Our resident never unlit puffer..."  lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 2:39 pm

juanmedusa wrote:
Guyrox wrote:

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. We tend to like stronger tobacco and not crazy big chambers. For me, Ramsgate isn't as strong nicotine wise as some of my go to blends but still clears the hurdle and tastes great. I think I'll try some in my Savinelli 621 next and see how it likes a tapered bowl.

Bud, I shall report to "Review Stations" when I try it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RobJ

RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 3:37 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

cheersbouncebouncelol!lol!lol!

Stickle snickering here. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 3:49 pm

My comments re our resident never unlit puffer were made with appreciation, admiration and just the teensiest amount of jest.  He's certainly a highly valued member in many regards and has my greatest respect. In terms of his loyal contributions to this site and its members he stands tall.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

JimInks

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:42 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
My comments re our resident never unlit puffer were made with appreciation, admiration and just the teensiest amount of jest.  He's certainly a highly valued member in many regards and has my greatest respect. In terms of his loyal contributions to this site and its members he stands tall.

I am very humbled by your exceptionally kind compliments. Thank you. This is a great site with good people, and I'm glad to be a member.

As for the jest, I have to admit I durn near burst my sides laughing at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:58 pm

JimInks wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:

I am very humbled by your exceptionally kind compliments. Thank you. This is a great site with good people, and I'm glad to be a member.

As for the jest, I have to admit I durn near burst my sides laughing at it.

And it's true Jim. Your contributions are highly regarded, and non biased. I can count on you for the true skinny, even though I might not always have the palate to tastes the things you do.

Your reviews always register highly with me.

Cheers,

RR

Esoterica Ramsgate Purple11x 2Esoterica Ramsgate Bombx10Esoterica Ramsgate BombEsoterica Ramsgate D6bddf10 Esoterica Ramsgate 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com Online
JimInks

JimInks

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:16 pm

Thank you very much, Brewdude. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Esoterica Ramsgate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esoterica Ramsgate   Esoterica Ramsgate EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 6:24 pm

My little package arrived from Mars today, pretty quick! Opening the bag and doing the shnozz stuff test (shove your face halfway in the bag) I get a sweet juicy kind of smell thats tough to put a finger on. I spread some out on a magazine to dry but I was impatient and filled a pipe before the tobacco was really dry enough, so it's taking quite a few lights to get going. Upon the first light I immediately recognized what the bag smell was, because it comes out undeniably in the taste. Juicy fruit gum. Not over the top or unbearable, but definitely juicy fruit gum. The tobacco taste isn't coming through, but, as I said, I really should have let it dry more. That's OK, it's good. I imagine once the tobacco is much drier it will balance out more.

I'm looking forward to spending some time with this one because I assumed it would be rather like the stoved virginia brother to the licorice cased burley I enjoy, Uhle's Crushed White Burley. I was going to smoke some side by side but I just rummaged around and realized that I am out of CWB, and darned near out of Perfection Plug as well. TAD never sleeps (think Neal Young. It's better to burn out...).

Esoterica Ramsgate
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: