HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Do You Have A Daily Smoke?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:31 am

I did a search and found nothing on this suject.
I used to pretty much rotate between various tobaccos on a daily basis, and, once the tins were done, to carry on to a new rotation.
Now, it seems more and more like I am closer to something like a daily smoke in that I tend to, among my daily rotation, ensure I always have some Royal Yacht or MB Symphony at hand. That's definitively a novelty for me.
Do you have a daily smoke or do you continually rotate among different tobaccos?
Back to top Go down
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:04 am

I always have a few things out and open. I will open a new tin of something to try and smoke it up, but the old standbys see daily attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:07 am

My most regular smoke, probably what I smoke more than half the time I smoke anything, is Stokkebye Pressed Burley (ps702) in one of a half dozen small bore Danish made Stanwell pipes I have dedicated to this blend. It is my morning smoke, my favorite time to smoke. Like right now! It is 4 am, just got up, coffee is going, filling my little Stanwell Flame Grain shape 32 bulldog.

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:24 am

You're a very early riser like myself, Puff Daddy.
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:34 am

Guyrox wrote:

My job requires it. I usually start work between 5:00-6:00 am. Been doing it so long now I'm programmed to wake up between 3 and 4. Sucks being up at 4 on a sunday, but at least the house is quiet.

Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:06 am

Puff Daddy wrote:
Guyrox wrote:

My job requires it. I usually start work between 5:00-6:00 am. Been doing it so long now I'm programmed to wake up between 3 and 4. Sucks being up at 4 on a sunday, but at least the house is quiet.

I get up at 4:00 on Sundays too. Of course that is because it is a work day for me and I am glaring at sermons again. It is usually more like 5:00 for me except on Fridays when my first service is at 6:00. I am an early riser by nature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:08 am

Burley (a rotation of several) and Ginnyweed (straight, VaPer, VaBur) in the mornings. Transition to Latweeds in the afternoon & evenings. Been doing this for quite a while. cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:35 am

I can't smoke daily, I wish I could but my schedule just won't allow. However my goto's are Blackwoods Flake & Silver Flake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:07 pm

I usually smoke two McC Va on a daily, multiple bowl basis, FM 2000 and 5100 RC with an evening bowl of Royal Yacht and usually a bowl of Presbyterian on Sunday morning !! I intersperse others I have during the day but these are my "daily smokes" most of the time. I'm mostly a straight Virginia smoker and one other has begun to become more of a "daily smoker" now, Three Year Matured Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I usually smoke 6 to 8 bowls a day Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarlockBob

Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:25 pm

I'd say my two go-to's during the warmer months (spring and summer, into mid-fall) are the Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake and the Stokkebye Burley (just the regular ribbon-cut). I will have some first thing in the morning, and then either a fresh bowl at lunch or I'll finish off the morning bowl then. Come late fall and winter, I tend to favor McClelland's Syrian Super Balkan and Foxhound, with Captain Earle's Ten Russians interspersed.

That's what I tend to gravitate back to, but I'll smoke 10-15 different blends in a month pretty easily, and sometimes more when I'm having to write an article for Pipes & Tobaccos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:06 pm

Daily smoke? No, I like to ring the changes.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:53 pm

I float a lot myself, but lean towards a sweet dark VA, whatever it may be. Guess I'm a tobacco Trollop, whatever is new and exciting is top on my list.....

Ooooh shiny!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psmith

Registration date : 2013-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:09 am

Best Brown Flake would be my everyday. At least it is these days. I tend to fill up a pouch with a tobacco and smoke that exclusively till the pouch runs out. So my everyday tobacco changes every 10 or 12 days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DGErwin11

Registration date : 2012-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:18 am

Same blend all day, every day. It has been Angler's Dream for several months now. Since it is no longer available, I'll most likely go back to Classic Burley Kake as my blend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://DGEHandmadePipes.com
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:41 pm

I would say it varies for me as well. I tend to smoke one blend for a while and then move on to another. I like to try new things, and if I like one buy more for cellaring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:09 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Puff Daddy wrote:
Guyrox wrote:

I get up at 4:00 on Sundays too. Of course that is because it is a work day for me and I am glaring at sermons again. It is usually more like 5:00 for me except on Fridays when my first service is at 6:00. I am an early riser by nature.

Well you work harder than most of us because you're doing God's work, bud. Thumbs up to you! cheers
Back to top Go down
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:46 pm

4noggins Prairie Wind
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:33 am

I usually smoke at least one bowl of either Kendal Kentucky or Dark Bird's Eye every day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MichaelM

Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have A Daily Smoke?   Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:38 pm

I usually have 8 or 9 tins/jars going at any given time and they can be just about anything. But not many days pass without a bowl of Carter Hall turning to ash. It is usually my morning smoke before work, and about half the time my last smoke of the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCha16KUMQOZfkW_RgR7eA3Q

Do You Have A Daily Smoke?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1