HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:57 am

I'm probably not the only one to have noticed because it is, well, striking.
I think his new avatar is, simply put, hilarious, in a positive way, of course.
All the dog needs is a Peterson Dracula pipe. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:04 am

.....aaaahhhh, now I get it. I thought the pooch was a matador?! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:29 pm

You made me go look. Lol. I don't pay much attention to avatars when reading.

I concur.. Give that avatar a Peterson Dracula Bulldog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:05 pm

What a hilarious thread!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:10 pm

A GAY matador, if you please.

Kinda reminds me of one of the funniest scenes I've ever come across, reading. Going through a Jim Butcher fantasy book...a magician detective character Harry Dresden, is tracking down a vampire...he's invited to 'the vampire ball' by the truly evil vampire Queen which is a very seriously evil and horrific event. He goes, with some sidekick, who is horrified by how the guy is dressed..afraid it will insult the evil Queen and her minions. Not to worry sez our hero. It's part of a plan. So he shows up and struts out onto the top of a grand entry staircase to the ballroom and then his attire is described...he's wearing a powder blue tux with a white carnation and all white face makeup, complete with Bela Lugosi hairpiece and fake fangs. He calls it his "cheesy vampire" costume. I was eating a chicken wing at the time and remember snorting a bone outta my nose. Of course every one of the evil blood suckers in the joint charges him and he ends up running for his life. Classic Dresden.

So my new avatar is like a mix of cool Pug and the Harry Dresden vampire.

No one can say I don't think these things through!

View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:16 pm

We used to breed pugs in Portland a while ago....

SWMBO is wondering if you have one.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:23 pm

"Watson" is 2 yrs old...purchased from a family with a male and female with champion lines but not papered. They live WAY over in Eastern Oregon somewhere.

Here's baby picture...

View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:38 pm

They are soooo cute that age.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:42 pm

He was reported to be the most handsome in the 5 pup litter...and he IS a good looking little ruffian now. Charming as well.

BTW: smoked a bowl of Gawith Dark Birdseye in the Osage Orange Wizard you gifted me...stellar. Damn fine pipe.

View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:31 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

BTW: smoked a bowl of Gawith Dark Birdseye in the Osage Orange Wizard you gifted me...stellar. Damn fine pipe.

Thanks!

I like mine too........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:50 pm

It's kinds seasonal. makes me wonder what he's gonna do for Turkey Day !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:00 pm

Interesting in a way...TDay is my Birthday. So I usually play the role of adored husband, father and friend.

View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:09 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Interesting in a way...TDay is my Birthday.  So I usually play the role of adored husband, father and friend.

Seriously?

Well, Hippo birdy two ewes, Hippo birdy two ewes.............

etc., etc........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:10 pm

No...seriously...some folks DO like me!

View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:27 pm

HB Mr. Horse!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
WarlockBob

Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:11 am

Blackhorse wrote:
A GAY matador, if you please.

Kinda reminds me of one of the funniest scenes I've ever come across, reading. Going through a Jim Butcher fantasy book...a magician detective character Harry Dresden, is tracking down a vampire...he's invited to 'the vampire ball' by the truly evil vampire Queen which is a very seriously evil and horrific event. He goes, with some sidekick, who is horrified by how the guy is dressed..afraid it will insult the evil Queen and her minions. Not to worry sez our hero. It's part of a plan. So he shows up and struts out onto the top of a grand entry staircase to the ballroom and then his attire is described...he's wearing a powder blue tux with a white carnation and all white face makeup, complete with Bela Lugosi hairpiece and fake fangs. He calls it his "cheesy vampire" costume. I was eating a chicken wing at the time and remember snorting a bone outta my nose. Of course every one of the evil blood suckers in the joint charges him and he ends up running for his life. Classic Dresden.

So my new avatar is like a mix of cool Pug and the Harry Dresden vampire.

No one can say I don't think these things through!

HA! So glad you referenced this. Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden... The best PI magic can get. Definitely one of my favorite series, and book characters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:22 am

See...PSU grads are pretty cool.

View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:52 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:

Thanks!

I like mine too........

I'll second that, excellent pipe. I like the length as well. I thought the bowl was too small till I tried the blends you made lol. Very robust and spicy, the pipe is perfect for them.

P.S- sorry for off topic remarks.

Last edited by Jevverrett on Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post script)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:28 pm

Well, Happy B'Day Mr BH! Nearly missed that one. He is one very cute pooch by the way. So what's he like with bulls?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:40 pm

Being non-sporting Pugs don't do bulls. Mine is a rugged little 25 pounds. Lightening on four paws, for about 30 seconds. Then it's time for  nap. But God help any varmint than puts a paw on his yard...cats, dogs, skunks, possums, racoons...we get 'em all and they run like terror from him. Well, the possums often just fall over sideways. I have to scoop those into a trash can with a shovel and tip it sidewise in the street...and they eventually recover and wander off. Nasty hissy things.

Anyway, no bulls.

I think kidney pie is more his speed.

View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:42 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Being non-sporting Pugs don't do bulls. Mine is a rugged little 25 pounds. Lightening on four paws, for about 30 seconds. Then it's time for  nap. But God help any varmint than puts a paw on his yard...cats, dogs, skunks, possums, racoons...we get 'em all and they run like terror from him. Well, the possums often just fall over sideways. I have to scoop those into a trash can with a shovel and tip it sidewise in the street...and they eventually recover and wander off. Nasty hissy things.

Anyway, no bulls.

I think kidney pie is more his speed.

OK, so this actually made me LOL for real!

Laughing

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com

PostSubject: Re: Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?   Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:50 am

That avatar of yours still makes me crack up laughing when I see it. It's just awesome. Good job on it, bud. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Blakhorse's New Avatar: What Say You?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1