HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Took a trip into town today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Took a trip into town today   Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:37 pm

It doesn't happen very often but as I was dropping off my good lady I thought I'd pay a visit to the only BM in town. Following posts and lots of good advice in a previous thread I had a good idea of what I was after and so soon had two Dunhill tins sat on the counter; Deluxe Navy Rolls and Flake. But there were so many more tempting blends to choose from! I stopped and chatted for a while too. It turns out the shop has been there since 1949 and trading under the same name. I was impressed at this, especially considering the recent changes in legislation that must be squeezing the business. I also picked up a micro flat head screw driver that rather cleverly screws into the cork screw of my Swiss Army pocket knife. I left feeling pleased with my purchases and happy that I'd been able to chat for a while about pipes and having supported a local business. Yes, I could have got the tins cheaper online but with P&P the BM still worked out a better deal. Just need to smoke them now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Took a trip into town today   Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:09 pm

PM sent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Took a trip into town today   Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:05 pm

A good day it sounds. Good on ya.

Ps, I've seen that little screwdriver. It's rather clever imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Took a trip into town today   Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:24 pm

Jolly good to know you're helping support one of what must be one of the last B&M's David lad. And what fine choices you've made matey. Nowt wrong with those 'baccys.

And while you may have paid a bit more than ordering on-line, you're clearly helping to ensure this fine business might continue to serve it's customers for a few more years.

In biz since '49 you say? That's champion, mate. I wish them many years of continued trading!

cheers 

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online

Took a trip into town today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1