HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A New Pen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A New Pen   Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:26 pm

Actually they called it "writing" or "longhand" when I was in grade school too (late 50's/early 60's). I used the term "cursive" here since that's apparently what it's known by these days.

And I remember using big thick pencils as well, plus fountain pens in grade school. Had a really cool fountain pen I got from my grandfolks. It was almost as thick as one of those big pencils and had a kind of kaleidescope finish on it. Used big refills that always used to leak and turn my hands blue for weeks! That was probably the last time I used a fountain pen though, around the 4th grade.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Puffer Mark

Registration date : 2014-07-14

PostSubject: Re: A New Pen   Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:54 am

Richard Burley wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
tarheel7734 wrote:
Everyone has different OPINIONS Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

No, they don't. I disagree.  Laughing

They say everyone's different, but I happened to know that I'm not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: A New Pen   Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:18 am

I haven't used a fountain pen since I was probably in 6th grade (mid '60s) and it leaked and ruined a new white school shirt. I went to Catholic grade school and bad penmanship was dealt with by the good Sister liberally applying the ruler to the offending paw. As a result, I think anyway, my longhand is terrible and like Rande I long ago switched to simple printing. I seriously doubt I know how to form many of the cursive letters anymore.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: A New Pen   Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:57 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Actually they called it "writing" or "longhand" when I was in grade school too (late 50's/early 60's). I used the term "cursive" here since that's apparently what it's known by these days.

And I remember using big thick pencils as well, plus fountain pens in grade school. Had a really cool fountain pen I got from my grandfolks. It was almost as thick as one of those big pencils and had a kind of kaleidescope finish on it. Used big refills that always used to leak and turn my hands blue for weeks! That was probably the last time I used a fountain pen though, around the 4th grade.

Cheers,

RR

I remember the big pencils we used in the 1st/2nd grade and then we were using the yellow #2 pencils by the 3rd grade. As far as pens, my first fountain pen was a green Eversharp lever filler that my grandfather gave me. We all had to use Schaefer's "Washable Blue" bottled ink as I recall and it never did wash out of ones shirts when it got on them !! When Schaefer came out with those school pens that used cartridges, we all thought they would be better as we now did not have to carry a bottle of ink in our school bags! WRONG!! Those chrome capped, colored barrel , I had a blue one, Schaeffer's leaked worse than the bottle filled lever fillers !! We started getting and using ballpoints by the 5th grade as I recall and the ink stained shirt problem was taken care of !! But the damn ballpoints would skip while writing so you'd have to go over what you wrote !! If it wasn't one thing it was another !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A New Pen
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: