HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:43 pm

MacBaren's Brian Levine said this: "I can confirm that St. Bruno Flake and Ready Rubbed will be available in the USA. It is being brought back in along with Gold Block and Amphora Full & Original. Timing and pricing is not quite settled yet but, I am guessing they will be available by February. These will be the same blends that have been available in Europe for the past eight years. I have smoked them all and can say that there will be something for everyone except you Latakia lovers."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:40 pm

Fantastic news Jim! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Finaly !! St. Bruno is one of those GREAT OTC blends that we finally will be able to get !! YEAH !! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:56 pm

Sweet, thanks for the news!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:18 pm

Very cool! Thanks for spreading the word Jim.

Looking forward to trying some St. Bruno Flake after so many years.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:57 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:22 pm

cheers I do wonder if the St Bruno Flake will be in the same fiddly little plastic containers the currently are in or not . . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:52 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Finaly !! St. Bruno is one of those GREAT OTC blends that we finally will be able to get !! YEAH !! cheers cheers

Ab-so-lute-ly! 

Still working on a small amount of a pouch a friendly traveler brought me a few yrs ago. Not earth shaking but a good solid 'ginny.

Glad to know it'll be available to us yanks soon. About time!

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:54 pm

DrT999 wrote:
cheers I do wonder if the St Bruno Flake will be in the same fiddly little plastic containers the currently are in or not . . . .

Question

Got mine in one of the pouches that a good few others are in from the UK. Don't know anything about a fiddly little plastic container!?

Question Exclamation

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:34 pm

Brewdude wrote:
DrT999 wrote:

Question

Got mine in one of the pouches that a good few others are in from the UK. Don't know anything about a fiddly little plastic container!?

Question Exclamation

I don't know about yours, but while the flake comes in a pouch, inside the pouch is a little plastic tray with a thin foil top (as opposed to the ready rubbed, which comes in a sealed pouch)
Back to top Go down
JimInks

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:18 pm

My experience is the same as Dr. T.'s.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:42 am

All good news.
I would really be happy, though, if they could reintroduce the Amphora Black Cavendish. I absolutely enjoyed that one.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:52 am

DrT999 wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
DrT999 wrote:

Question

Question Exclamation

I don't know about yours, but while the flake comes in a pouch, inside the pouch is a little plastic tray with a thin foil top (as opposed to the ready rubbed, which comes in a sealed pouch)

Guess that explains it then - I've only had the Ready Rubbed.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
JimInks

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:43 pm

I don't know how many of these blends will make it to the USA, but I think there's a good likelihood that many of them will. All the Amphoras, Caporals, Ogden's Walnut, Amsterdammer, pouch Three Nuns, and more. Check out this photograph: http://www.pipegazette.com/2015/09/dortmund-les-nouveaux-achats-de-mac.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:05 pm

Wow, I'm really looking forward to finding out which blends will make it to the US. Great information Jim!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:32 pm

So many new to me things in that picture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:24 pm

cheers cheers cheers
Awesome news. I really enjoy St. Bruno Flake and Amphora Red. Glad to see them making it back to the US market.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:03 pm

I contacted sp.com and asked about the St. Bruno and others and this is what they replied:

"Michael, I'm sure we will when it's available as we carry pretty much all of MacBaren's US offerings. Keep an eye on the site!
Regards,"

Keith Toney
Customer Service
Smokingpipes.com
1-888-366-0345
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Great news! Let's hope they're at least a little cheaper than having to buy it from across the pond!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:48 pm

How could it not be, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:58 pm

juanmedusa wrote:
With the recent bumps in Mac Baren's prices, I say we still need to keep our fingers crossed Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Oh yeah, fair enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.   Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:36 pm

nismo270r wrote:
juanmedusa wrote:
With the recent bumps in Mac Baren's prices, I say we still need to keep our fingers crossed Razz

At least the shipping should be less!
Back to top Go down

St. Bruno, Amphora Red and Brown, and Gold Block to Return.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1