HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The Rift in the space time continuum.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: The Rift in the space time continuum.    Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:05 am

Went to bed early so I had to tape my rasslin.. I don't know if it's more shocking that I went to bed early, or that I still call the DVR 'tape', or that I still watch rasslin. Anyway, I turn my rasslin on and Stone Cold Says So Steve Austin introduces The Undertaker to open the show... And the first match includes John Cena and the Dudley Boyz?

IF The Road Warriors and the Fabulous Freebirds trot out I'm asking for a prescription review.

Did my snoring rip a hole in the space-time continuum? Cause this reminds me a lot of 1992.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: The Rift in the space time continuum.    Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:31 am

If Owen Hart or the British Bulldog were on the card as well, please get the med review ASAP!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Rift in the space time continuum.    Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:09 pm

Wrasslin' eh?

I go back as far as the era of Dick the Bruiser, Da Crusher (Milwaukee's Son), Vern Gagne, Dusty Rhodes, and later Baron Von Rashke (The Clawmaster), and the Vashon Brothers (Mad Dog and Killer). This was right around the time when Superstar Billy Grahm and Hulk Hogan started to become household names.

Even remember that in the late 60's, my HS concert band was involved in some presentation by Gorgeous George. He was past his prime but still came out in his  trademark outfit and put on a demonstration. That was a very strange event!

Years later in the 80's, my R&R band was playing a gig in some fancy hotel in downtown Milwaukee. We decided to eat supper before the show in the atrium and all of a sudden Andre the Giant walked right by our table and sat nearby. Apparently he was wrasslin' at an event that evening .

I remember the wait staff bringing out a huge plate of Chimichangas still sizzling from the kitchen. And he downed an entire bottle of red wine during his supper. 

That was one helluva big dude. Don't think I've ever seen anyone so large. It was like a shadow passed by our table when he went by!

affraid 

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The Rift in the space time continuum.    Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:39 pm

Y'all as a group are a total let down.. Don't you know the immediate response to anyone that admits to watching wresting is the immediate low voice question "you know that's fake, right".

Brew, I remember those names well.. Lol.
Been watching the stuff since the 70's.

DrT, I think they dragged out everybody but..lol. They even did a Dusty Rhodes commercial.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Rift in the space time continuum.    Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:47 am

Nuttin fake about it.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Rift in the space time continuum.    Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:26 am

I'm waiting for Tommy Wildfire Rich to make a comeback.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: The Rift in the space time continuum.    Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:33 am

puros_bran wrote:
Y'all as a group are a total let down.. Don't you know the immediate response to anyone that admits to watching wresting is the immediate low voice question "you know that's fake, right".  

Brew, I remember those names well.. Lol.
Been watching the stuff since the 70's.

DrT, I think they dragged out everybody but..lol.   They even did a Dusty Rhodes commercial.

It's 'sports entertainment' exhibitions!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The Rift in the space time continuum.    Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:29 pm

Right.

It's no different than watching the NFL.. Before the footballers go bonkers.. How many times has the Patriots got caught cheating and absolutely nothing happened? And how many times have they won?
It's the classic heal.. Wins the championship by cheating and drives the fans into a frenzy.. People flock to the tv/game/bar to root against them.. In the past it was the Cowboys, before them the Niners, before them the Steelers & the Cowboys. Stuffs so scripted it's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Rift in the space time continuum.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1