HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Can someone explain what happened with Penzance?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain what happened with Penzance?   Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:00 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Keep the Penzance insults coming boys, perhaps before long the hipsters will catch on and it will be back on the shelves again.

As for its popularity, I blame Gilbert & Sullivan.

THAT'S GOOD !! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain what happened with Penzance?   Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:45 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
...As for its popularity, I blame Gilbert & Sullivan.

Masterly! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain what happened with Penzance?   Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Still have 4 lbs of Penznce stocked away. Hope they continue with their slow production. I will have to try the 965 though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain what happened with Penzance?   Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
DrumsAndBeer wrote:

Masterly! Laughing

I once played the character of "Sir Joseph Porter, KCB" in a grade school presentation of the Operetta. Does this count?

Wink

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com
babysinister

babysinister

Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain what happened with Penzance?   Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:32 am

Brewdude wrote:
Richard Burley wrote:
DrumsAndBeer wrote:

Masterly! Laughing

I once played the character of "Sir Joseph Porter, KCB" in a grade school presentation of the Operetta. Does this count?

Wink

Cheers,

RR

The Ruler of the Queen's Navee, Sir Joseph, is a character from HMS Pinafore, not the Pirates of Penzance. But if you mastered the Very Model of a Modern Major General patter song when you were still in grade school, then I salute you sir.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain what happened with Penzance?   Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:11 pm

tarheel7734 wrote:
...Then in 2010 I took a break from pipes and cigars and came back to it last year and alas it is pretty hard to get a hold of now. So what happened?...

What happened is that everyone tries to buy it from the same web sites. If you do some leg work and look in less obvious places, you'll find it. Talking on the phone still works for most b&ms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain what happened with Penzance?   Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:04 pm

Wet Dottle wrote:
tarheel7734 wrote:
...Then in 2010 I took a break from pipes and cigars and came back to it last year and alas it is pretty hard to get a hold of now. So what happened?...

What happened is that everyone tries to buy it from the same web sites. If you do some leg work and look in less obvious places, you'll find it. Talking on the phone still works for most b&ms.

I agree! Distribution seems to be structured, so that retailers get at least a few bags or tins. Most folks try to have it delivered to their door, but there is certainly more than one way to skin a cat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain what happened with Penzance?   Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:02 pm

I have a list of 16 B&M's that I use to call every month when I was stock piling Penzance. You have to work for most things in life and this is no different.
When the first big scare came 2 years ago, and they were selling bags on Ebay for 80.00, I started compiling my list....and calling all of them, every week. Every time someone mentioned on a forum that they found a bag somehwhere, I would gather the info and add them to the list. If you sit and wait for an email notice, you won't get much in return.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain what happened with Penzance?   Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:06 pm

hobie1dog wrote:
If you sit and wait for an email notice, you won't get much in return.

Amen. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain what happened with Penzance?   Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:14 pm

Another thing to keep in mind, is that when one retailer receives a shipment, so do the others in short order. So when you get a heads up online, you can start calling local tobacconist's, and stand a better chance of finding a bag or tin in stock locally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain what happened with Penzance?   Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:16 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:

However, I don't think Pabst Blue Ribbon is good beer, so perhaps there's hope for me.. Wink

Amen brother! How did swag beer become popular?

On a side note, it's not just the penzance that's hard to get. It's all the blends in the lineup aside from the aromatics. Those stay on the sites for awhile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Can someone explain what happened with Penzance?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2