HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Troost Discontinued.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Troost Discontinued.   Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:51 pm

From Russ Ouellette: "Fans of Troost had better stock up. We've received word that it is being discontinued."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Troost Discontinued.   Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:45 pm

Good looking out, Jim. Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Troost Discontinued.   Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:40 pm

Never did Troost except for the "Troost Slices" which hasn't been available in some long time. I have roughly 350 gms. of the Slices in the inventory! I guess when it's gone, it's gone!! I'm not "big" on this type of tobacco, but Troost Slices has always been one of my favorites. One of my Air Force buddies introduced this to me in 1969. It was his favorite tobacco. Oh well, another fine 'baccy bites the dust!!!! Sad FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Troost Discontinued.   Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:30 pm

ftrplt wrote:
Never did Troost except for the "Troost Slices" which hasn't been available in some long time. I have roughly 350 gms. of the Slices in the inventory! I guess when it's gone, it's gone!! I'm not "big" on this type of tobacco, but Troost Slices has always been one of my favorites. One of my Air Force buddies introduced this to me in 1969. It was his favorite tobacco. Oh well, another fine 'baccy bites the dust!!!! Sad FTRPLT

I don't think the Slices are being discontinued. They aren't sold in the USA, so there's no reason for Russ to advertise buying it while stock remains. He was referring to the pouch versions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Troost Discontinued.   Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:00 pm

JimInks wrote:
ftrplt wrote:

I don't think the Slices are being discontinued. They aren't sold in the USA, so there's no reason for Russ to advertise buying it while stock remains. He was referring to the pouch versions.

Ah so...Troost is being discontinued in the U.S. Still available in the Netherlands! My oldest Slices are in pouches. Just emptied the last pouch (dated 1995) into the jar to meld with the older 'baccy. Still have a tin of the stuff on the shelf. I've only had the Slices, never tried the others. cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Troost Discontinued.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1