HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Pipe holders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pipe Smoker

Registration date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Pipe holders   Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:14 am

I download this pic from one pipe site. I'm curious, which kind of pipe holders is that?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Pipe holders   Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:12 am

I'm pretty sure that is a custom built display for a retail tobacconist. They just use standard rubber coated utility clips to hold the pipes, which can be found at most hardware stores.

That one is hinged, so it can be closed, most likely for security purposes after hours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Pipe holders   Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:30 am

Dutch wrote:
I'm pretty sure that is a custom built display for a retail tobacconist. They just use standard rubber coated utility clips to hold the pipes, which can be found at most hardware stores.

That one is hinged, so it can be closed, most likely for security purposes after hours.

That seems like a pretty good assessment to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Pipe holders   Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:51 am

That's the way to display pipes, in my opinion. Racks are a pain in the butt and I'm not going to buy any more. I'd throw mine into a drawer if I could, but I like them to "breathe." Seems like they'd get pretty funky in a drawer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipe Smoker

Registration date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Pipe holders   Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:29 am

Dutch wrote:

Thank you, Dutch! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Pipe holders   Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:57 am

Richard Burley wrote:
That's the way to display pipes, in my opinion. Racks are a pain in the butt and I'm not going to buy any more. I'd throw mine into a drawer if I could, but I like them to "breathe." Seems like they'd get pretty funky in a drawer.

Your right Richard but, they take up more then twice the space as a standard pipe rack but, are a lot easier to make.
If only I had the space to do it that way. Sad

And if the cabinet the drawers are in are properly vented in the back of the cabinet I don't see an issue unless you smoked them all the time. Where as a goofy collector like me just has too many to smoke all the time and some not at all. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Eric Furgeson

Registration date : 2016-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Pipe holders   Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:02 pm

This would also lend it's self to being a vertical table display/transportation case for setting up sales tables at shows and swaps. More pipes in less table space and just close it up to pack up the pipes for transport.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pipe holders
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1