HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tarheel7734

Registration date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:52 pm

I have commissioned a custom bent bulldog from Chris Askwith and it will have a blue cumberland stem. I would love to see your cumberland and colored cumberland stems. The only one I currently have with a cumberland stem is my Northern Briars pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:34 pm

I have several, and they're all pretty much standard red/black. Love the look of Cumberland, and plan to get in some blue/black, purple/black, green/black, and even orange/black or yellow/black if they make such a thing.

Sorry, no pics though!

Cumberland rocks!

rabbit 

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:49 pm

I just have standard Cumberland stems on my British pipes. You'll love your Chris Askwith stem, I just picked up a cream-colored polyester stemmed Askwith.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tarheel7734

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:52 pm

Hey why not post pics of your Askwith pipes here also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:22 pm

tarheel7734 wrote:
Hey why not post pics of your Askwith pipes here also.

Here is the Askwith, from his Hand Made line.  It was an estate, with a scorched top that I had to repair.  

This Chris Askwith Hand Finished whetted my appetite for a Hand Made.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:57 pm

Here's a few pics of my Jesse Jones Brandy with a green Cumberland stem.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:15 pm

Dutch,
THAT is one GORGEOUS pipe !!!! And the olive Cumberland is just right for it !! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:22 pm

monbla256 wrote:
Dutch,
THAT is one GORGEOUS pipe !!!! And the olive Cumberland is just right for it !! Twisted Evil  

Thanks Michael! This is the one Jesse built for me back in the spring/summer of 2013. I have dedicated it to McCranies Red Flake. It is just a fantastic little flake pipe, and has become my favorite pipe to smoke in my entire collection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:24 pm

Nice looking pipes!

I think I rounded up all of my cumberland/brindle stemmed pipes. I might be missing one or two.

Green Cumberland:
-Peter Heeschen Bent Egg
-Scottie Morta Rhodesian
-Scottie Pencil Shank Billiard
-Jones Morta

Olive Cumberland:
-Ashton XX Billiard

Green & Tan SEM Brindle:
-Nate King Featherweight Billiard

Orange Bowling Ball Bridle:
-GBD Virgin Prehistoric

Traditional Red Cumberland:
-Jones Billiard Reject
-Jones LC reject
-Kurt Huhn Lovat
-Growley Billiard
-Rad Davis Liverpool
-Il Duca Morta
-Jerry Crawford Apple
-Michael Parks Billiard
-Dunhill Cumberland Cavalier
-Dunhill Cumberland Zulu
-Dunhill County Bent Billiard
-Saharov Bent Billiard
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:11 pm

One of my favorite stems is on my Askwith morta cavalier...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:30 am

some great looking pipes. Those olive stems are eye-catching.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puffstone

Registration date : 2015-11-12

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:58 pm

Dutch wrote:
]

How's that Jesse jones smoke. His work has been catching my eye a lot lately
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:39 am

My latest addition, a Chris Asteriou with Cumberland stem. I love the way he cuts the cross-grain Cumberland.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:45 am

Puffstone wrote:
Dutch wrote:
]

Puffstone, it is one of the driest smoking pipes I own! I have never had to run a pipe cleaner through this pipe while smoking, and it stays lit very easily because of the open engineering. I keep telling myself I need to get on Jesse's waiting list for a larger version of this same pipe to smoke Lat blends with, as he does a fantastic job carving the classic shapes.

I'm fairly certain if you buy a pipe from Jesse, you will feel it was money well spent. I can't remember ever reading a negative review on any of his pipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:47 am

riff raff wrote:
My latest addition, a Chris Asteriou with Cumberland stem.  I love the way he cuts the cross-grain Cumberland.

Al, that is one fantastic Author, and just in time for Christmas! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:58 pm

Grant just put this one up the other day, but the honey brown ebonite looks stellar!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:24 pm

Dutch wrote:
Puffstone wrote:
Dutch wrote:
]

Puffstone, it is one of the driest smoking pipes I own! I have never had to run a pipe cleaner through this pipe while smoking, and it stays lit very easily because of the open engineering. I keep telling myself I need to get on Jesse's waiting list for a larger version of this same pipe to smoke Lat blends with, as he does a fantastic job carving the classic shapes.

I'm fairly certain if you buy a pipe from Jesse, you will feel it was money well spent. I can't remember ever reading a negative review on any of his pipes.

Truer words were never spoken. Well said Chris!

sunny

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:26 pm

riff raff wrote:
My latest addition, a Chris Asteriou with Cumberland stem.  I love the way he cuts the cross-grain Cumberland.

Jeez Louise Al, that's a helluva great looking pipe in all regards! Now you got me Jonesin'

cheers

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
tarheel7734

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:37 pm

Hard to pick up but here is my dark blue Cumberland stem and matching tamper from Chris Askwith.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?   Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:18 pm

tarheel7734 wrote:
Hard to pick up but here is my dark blue Cumberland stem and matching tamper from Chris Askwith.

I....I think I'm in love!

tongue

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down

May I see your Colored cumberland and standard cumberland s?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1