HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Jim's Lane 125th Anniversary Review.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Jim's Lane 125th Anniversary Review.   Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:06 pm

The sweet Virginias are citrusy, fairly grassy and hay-like with a light earth note, and dominates the blend. The perique is a minor component, offering just a hint of spice to go along with a fig and raisin taste. Thereís a fruitiness that comes from a very mild topping from which I sense a little apricot. The tobacco is fairly dry and you may wish to hydrate it a mite, depending on your personal preference. Low on nicotine. Burns well, requires few relights, and the flavor is consistent and a little creamy to the finish. Leaves virtually no moisture in the bowl. It would be hard to recommend it to an initial adventurer into the VaPer world only because the perique content isnít high enough to give a fair take on what a VaPer can taste like. Itís enjoyable enough to puff on and sweet enough to satisfy your craving for a pleasant all day smoke, but lacks the depth to be more than a mindless work and play smoke when compared to other VaPers on the market. Two and a half stars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Lane 125th Anniversary Review.   Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:29 am

I thought it was ok stuff. I'm a big perique guy, so it certainly didn't scratch that itch...actually, at times I had to work to find it. It reminds me a lot of a RR version of OGS, with maybe just a tiny pinch of perique tossed into it.

Honestly, I think they'd have been better off to leave the perique out altogether and brand it as a bright, sweet VA. Adding the perique is going to leave it flat for people who love the leaf, and that's probably doing the blend an injustice, because it's really very smokeable and quite nice. Great for the warm months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Lane 125th Anniversary Review.   Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:51 am

The two previous comments together really give a good overview of this one it seems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Lane 125th Anniversary Review.   Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:59 pm

idbowman wrote:
I thought it was ok stuff. †I'm a big perique guy, so it certainly didn't scratch that itch...actually, at times I had to work to find it. †It reminds me a lot of a RR version of OGS, with maybe just a tiny pinch of perique tossed into it.

Honestly, I think they'd have been better off to leave the perique out altogether and brand it as a bright, sweet VA. †Adding the perique is going to leave it flat for people who love the leaf, and that's probably doing the blend an injustice, because it's really very smokeable and quite nice. †Great for the warm months.

That's pretty much the way I see it, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Jim's Lane 125th Anniversary Review.   Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:18 pm

Thanks for the review, Jim. Very timely for me, as I am preparing a large order for Xmas time. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim's Lane 125th Anniversary Review.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1