HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Who Has to Smoke Outside?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:45 pm

I smoke my pipes in the house but she doesn't like it when I smoke in the car cause it
chokes her,those billowing clouds of Lakeland Flakes.......Ahhh.

Winslow sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:32 pm

Winslow wrote:
I smoke my pipes in the house but she doesn't like it when I smoke in the car cause it
chokes her,those billowing clouds of Lakeland Flakes.......Ahhh.

Winslow sunny

Then I guess I shouldn't send her this picture we took of you a few years back smoking in your car?

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:56 pm

I'm the MAN of our castle and what I say goes,,,,if I want to light up my pipe, I'll do it anywhere and anytime I please,,,as many times as I want to,,,,,and I'll take no guff from the wife,,,,

oh, by the way she smokes and enjoys the smell of pipe tobacco,,,lucky me,,,but if she didn't,,,I'd take by the scruff of the neck and teach her to bow down and honor her master,,,,fetch my pipe and pack it,,,,wait obediently by my easy chair with a pipe cleaner in one hand and a cold drink in the other,,,yes sir I'd straighten her out !!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bulldog Bruce

Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:01 am

We quit smoking in the house when my infant grandson spent a lot of time with us, was a cigarett smoker then. Got used to the house not smelling like a dirty ashtray all the time from the cigs. Since taking up pipe I have a small man room with exhaust fan I place in the window, got that removable fan suggestion from a cuple of brothers here on the board. The other bulldog of the house can't take smoke of any kind, he has breathing issues even without it and allready snores loud enough anyways. of course, I did inform SWMBO that is by my own choice and if I wanted to blah blah blah. I informed her of that under my breath from across the yard while facing away from her, plenty of scars on noggin as it is. She really enjoys the aroma of pipe, and ventures into my 'area' on occasion.

Bd

Never Forget!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeRanter

Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:35 am

when im at work i have to smoke outside.. but thank goodness my military barracks still let me smoke in my room.. so my room is a catch all of mancave computerroom and sleepin quareters. smoking outside at work though its windy im on a active runway so this is why most of my pipes are thick walled hevey and built like sherman tanks.. or when i can snag them up meerchaum lined bowls.

usualy now though i always get into my pipes when i get off of work crack open a jar of somethin ive mixed up load up one of sit back pipes like my freehands or churchwardens and read a good book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Irene Adler
That Woman

Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:39 am

Aaron wrote:
(she lets me smoke but dosen't really like the smell of burning tobacco)

That is not true. Mad

I love the smell (and taste) of burning tobacco (depending on the kind). It's the lingering smell after that I don't like (It not only lingers in your beard, but also in your chair and the couch) . The reason I didn't like you smoking inside before I was pregnant was because we were renting our place (but I gave in and gave you a great smoking room that was all yours! It was perfect for smoking and reading and drinking brandy. It was your space and I didn't go in there.). Then, when I was preggers, I just didn't want the smoke to hurt the baby, silly. Now we have a balcony...it's perfect for smoking on in warmer weather (which is most of the time because this is freaking Oklahoma...silly boy). Rolling Eyes

We women have our reasons for the things we do. Sometimes they're logical and some times we're just PMSing. affraid

Either way, y'all are better off just nodding your head and agreeing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/amyjomusic
adauria

Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:03 pm

I used to smoke indoors and out when I lived in NY before I had kids. Indoors was in my office with the window fan going. Since having a baby I smoke outdoors.

Now we have 2 girls, but I have a bigger house in NC with an office on a different floor than the kids' rooms. In the summer, spring, and early autumn I actually prefer smoking outside, but now that we are having a cold winter here (last year was very mild), I have just purchased a Kenmore HEPA filter and am waiting for it to arrive. That, plus my window fan, might make smoking in my home office / man cave fairly transparent to the wife and kids. That would great, as I work from this office!

-Andrew
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the macdonald

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:46 pm

I'm an inside smoker. It seems a waste to smoke when you're uncomfortable, like when its very cold out, as it seems the point to smoking is to enjoy it. My wife would prefer that I smoked aromatics but I have not in years. She likes Abington sometimes and I have found it is a good mood indicator. If she likes it she's in a good mood, if not, I'll keep the pipe in my mouth so I'm quiet.

As a side note I think my wife is finally going to get me a smoking jacket for x-mas!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maynard

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:40 pm

Im lucky, indoors, but dont smoke that much, thats probly why,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:30 pm

Irene Adler wrote:
Aaron wrote:
(she lets me smoke but dosen't really like the smell of burning tobacco)

That is not true. Mad

Looks like she called you out on that one Aaron! Laughing

Irene Adler wrote:
We women have our reasons for the things we do. Sometimes they're logical and some times we're just PMSing. affraid

Either way, y'all are better off just nodding your head and agreeing. Very Happy

Funny, my wife says the same thing! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Aaron

Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:41 pm

Well she did let me smoke tonight in the house and even had a smoke with me for a few moments. It was very nice of her. The grandparents are keeping Dylan tonight and that's the only reason she let me. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.aaronjoliver.tumblr.com
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:47 pm

Aaron wrote:
Well she did let me smoke tonight in the house and even had a smoke with me for a few moments. It was very nice of her. The grandparents are keeping Dylan tonight and that's the only reason she let me. Shocked

How much better could it get than to sit down with your wife for a smoke?! You better be good to that lady! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:50 pm

Justpipes wrote:
Aaron wrote:

How much better could it get than to sit down with your wife for a smoke?! You better be good to that lady! Very Happy

Heh, I am! I'm buying her a new pipe tomorrow. She saw one she wants and wants me to buy it for her. And there was much rejoicing.
Back to top Go down
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:59 am

My wife, God bless her, doesn't allow me to smoke in the house. She's not too happy about me smoking at all. So I am relegated to the screened in porch where I have a recliner. Not too shabby when the weather is nice. I try to make at least a weekly trip to my favorite B & M where I can sit comfortably and enjoy the company of like minded men. The owner has plans to expand and make a "smoking club" where he will have lockers for the regulars to store their pipes and tobacco and even some libation if we so desire. A pipe full of burley, two fingers of scotch and amiable companionship; now that's what I call wonderful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:08 am

I live with non smokers that are alergic to smoke

So I smoke in the garage I have a heater and recliber all set up
Its not to bad in the winter
Back to top Go down
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:29 pm

Some years back I used to smoke in my home office. However, with time I started noticing the accumulation of a very gross sticky film of tar and nicotine over everything: the books, the computer, golf clubs, photo cameras, etc. Everything started gaining a funky smell, which I didn't detect when smoking, but that was very strong and unpleasant (particularly noticeable when things were taken out of the office). I tried everything I could to eliminate the problem: fans by the window, candles, air purifiers. Some things worked better than others, but the problem always remained. Other than using an industrial-strength exhaust apparatus or using a specially designated room just for smoking, there was no way to avoid it. I just cannot live with the rank, therefore my own rule is not to smoke anywhere inside the house. I also enforced that rule to cigarette smoke (then, my wife was a cigarette smoker, but she wasn't particularly unhappy with it).

The wife does not smoke anymore and I limit my smoking activities to the garage (with all doors open), but preferably to the back porch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:30 pm

... And absolutely no smoking in the car!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:27 pm

My dear wife is a ciggie smoker. We both smoke in the house. The office is another story - I'm relegated to a few furtive puffs in my car at lunch break. How demeaning!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck

Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:45 pm

I must smoke outside of the house either in the out of doors or enclosed porch due to
wife's breathing issues. I also choose to due to the $$$$$$$$$ of electronics in the house
and the cats we hold very dear. It does get bloody cold on the porch but hey, it's only
temporary. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:22 am

I have to smoke outside but since I live in South Florida it's not too much of a problem...we have a nice screened in back porch overlooking a canal and I have a few bird feeders up so I can watch the birds and the ducks, and the ocassional iguana that wanders by...the only real problem is in the middle of the summer when the heat is the highest...it usually tops out in the low 90's but humidity factors can make it feel like it's 10 degrees hotter...and that makes the nicotine hit you harder and faster...every so often I have to step inside and grab a teaspoon of sugar to get rid of the quesy feeling (usually get hit by cigars more than pipe) depending on what I'm smoking...
Back to top Go down
chksbak
Pipe Rack Artisian

Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:26 pm

when i first started smoking a pipe i went out and bought a nice recliner and put it on the porch, when the wife ask if that was so i could sit out there and smoke i told he no, it is so you will be comfterable sitting out here if my smoking inside bothers you. lol. not really but i do smoke inside all i want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.chucksracks.com
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:35 pm

Laughing

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:45 pm

Got to smoke inside today while the wife was at work with the son. Nice treat once in awhile....

i wonder if Amy would like a nice recliner outside on the balcony?
Back to top Go down
Buck

Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:24 pm

Aaron wrote:
Got to smoke inside today while the wife was at work with the son. Nice treat once in awhile....

Hmmmmm........does your wife ever comment on the leftover smoke smell that
is part of pipe smoking?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Irene Adler
That Woman

Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Who Has to Smoke Outside?   Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:41 pm

Aaron wrote:

Not if you still want to live in this apartment and sleep in a bed, sweetheart.

Buck wrote:

Hmmmmm........does your wife ever comment on the leftover smoke smell that
is part of pipe smoking?

As a fellow pipe smoker, I understand the smell, but I really don't care for it. I don't mind him smoking inside when his son and I are out, but not when the baby is around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/amyjomusic

Who Has to Smoke Outside?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next